Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-31-2011, 06:59 AM   #1
Advanced Member

Ride-Like-a-Pro: Thumbs up

A couple weeks ago, I started a thread about an HD-Rider who did a very confident u-turn in a crowded, busy gas station. In the discussion, Ponch mentioned that highway driving doesn't necessarily transfer to slow-speed skills. That definitely applies to me. I CAN pull off some nice tight slow speed turns, but not dependably enough to have attempted one like the HD-Rider.

So I finally broke down and bought a Ride-Like-a-Pro DVD. I watched it and yesterday went out to a school parking lot to do some of the exercises. I've improved already and noticed a tendency that, because I seldom practiced with discipline, led to inconsistent tight turn results--which was why the HD-Rider stood out to me.

Yesterday, I had little problem with left turning. Right turns, however, fluctuated because my throttle control fluctuates when the right grip comes in close to my body, I keep less control on the gas than when my arm is extended on a left turn. I guess it's the angle of my wrist. Anyway, once aware of the issue, I started improving immediately.

I've picked up most of the Motorman's tips from YouTube clips previously, but having the full package and following the exercises worked very well.

I recommend.

Login or Register to Remove Ads