Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2016, 09:55 AM   #1

Ride for Fort McMurray Alberta - Saturday May 14th

After seeing the massive destruction of the city of Fort McMurray last week, I decided I wanted to do something to help. I'm organizing a ride in support of the victims of the fires and am inviting anyone who can make it to join us.

Ride will congregate at the BMO in Shawnessy, Calgary, at 10am this coming Saturday. Riders are asked for a minimum donation of $20 each, 100% of proceeds will go to the Red Cross for Fort McMurray. Tax receipts will be available for those that would like one.

Ride itself will head out around 10:30 and head west on 22, through Bragg Creek, then loop north and East and take Stoney Trail and do a complete clock-wise circle of the city. This is significant because the ride will encompass an area very close to the size of the fire as of today. Our end-point will be Dixon's pub in Midnapore, where Samantha and the team there will be donating $1 from every pint sold to disaster relief efforts.

I have a facebook event posted for this as well, but I have no idea how to post the link for it here (mods?). Anyone interested, please post up or send me a PM. Hope to see you there!

2001 Nomad 1500FI - Oct 2012- Apr 2015 SOLD

2006 Goldwing - Oct 2014-present

Login or Register to Remove Ads