Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > Archived > SouthEast Regional Rally - 2010

Old 04-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Preplanning

I met with Ross this morning to preplan our trip from Jax to Blairsville. :)
We laid out our tentative route and and had enjoyable breakfast.
Now all we need is to hear from the group and what their planned (term used loosely) route from Blairsville to to Staunton will be. ::) I can't wait for this semester to be over, hit the road, blow off some steam and unwind. .
CoachA and Mrs. CoachA can't wait to see "y'all" again and looking forward to putting faces to names I see on the board.

Web Slinger's Speedo face, Chuckster's Air Kit, Jay's LED Tail light, dshelly's throttle mod, Kuryakan Deep Bezel lens, Headlight Modulator, Kuryakan Run/Brake/Turn, DWG 2" speakers and amp, Stebel Air Horn

Fire & Iron, Red Knights, ROK, VBA, VRA, VROC, IAFF

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
Advanced Member

Preplanning

Now all we need is to hear from the group and what their planned (term used loosely) route from Blairsville to to Staunton will be. ::) I can't wait for this semester to be over, hit the road, blow off some steam and unwind. .
CoachA and Mrs. CoachA can't wait to see "y'all" again and looking forward to putting faces to names I see on the board.

Web Slinger's Speedo face, Chuckster's Air Kit, Jay's LED Tail light, dshelly's throttle mod, Kuryakan Deep Bezel lens, Headlight Modulator, Kuryakan Run/Brake/Turn, DWG 2" speakers and amp, Stebel Air Horn

Old 04-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
Advanced Member

Preplanning

Old 04-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #4

Preplanning

Doug,
Looking forward to meeting you. I plan on trailering from South Florida up to Jax, parking the four wheels, and tagging along with you and Ross to Blairsville...Joe

Old 04-12-2010, 08:36 PM   #5

Preplanning

We will be selecting the waypoints for the trip soon. Still trying to decide ride day lengths to keep it manageable and fun for everyone.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-12-2010, 09:37 PM   #6
Advanced Member

Preplanning

Joe - same here
Coacha - waiting "patiently" ???

Old 04-13-2010, 10:12 AM   #7

Preplanning

Don't think I could be described a patiently waiting but I am waiting.
Joe; Doug and I thought if we could all get going early that Sat we might make some of the trip before the heat gets bad? Our first 250 miles will be on I-95 then I-16 to Dublin GA. That's where we'd catch State Hwy 441 which we'd run that hwy all the way to the GA mountains up by Athens then Commerce. Not much to see on the interstates but easy to make time. We thought if we left by 7:30 AM we could be past Dublin and off the interstates before lunch time. We have about 200 miles and 4 hours of riding once we are to Dublin and so I thought we'd shoot for getting to Dicks between 5 & 6 PM.
To all: Joe, Doug and I thought (especially because of how far Joe has to go after we get to Jacksonville) that on the trip back from Staunton we could all spend the Friday heading back southwest toward somewhere between the Boone & Ashville NC area? But then on Saturday we (Joe, Doug and I and anyone else who wants) plan on heading south toward the NC/SC border in the general direction of the west side of Spartansburg. There are a lot of good rides going down that way.
We'll catch Hwy11 going west/south as we cross into SC and take it over to the river road by Walhalla & Clemnson. We'll ride the river roads on the SC side down to Augusta. That section of roads is a recommended ride in my book and should be fun. Once to Augusta we can run a ways toward Savannah on Hwys 25 & 21 in GA. The idea being that we will stay somewhere south of Augusta Saturday night. That will make it easy to be in Jacksonville before noon on Sunday.
Nothing is real cast in stone so we can add lib along the way and certainly there will need to be discussion at Dicks that Saturday night. These are just ideas we have to toss out!
2010 Titanium Goldwing
2014 KLR 650 New Edition

Old 04-13-2010, 12:16 PM   #8

Preplanning

Guys, I am going to get some waypoints up on the board some time this week. We are still 2 months out, and things can change between now and then. So just get a cold one and sit back and relax. It will all come together in time.
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Old 04-13-2010, 01:20 PM   #9
Advanced Member

Preplanning

Pre-planning is good when we have this many people coming. But, plans can change and throw everything off if you do it too far ahead.

I'm going to wait for our Regional Leader to tell us what's going on since he's the one responsible for organizing this.

UPDATED:

Here is what I'm talking about. Back in March people were asking Ron and I to come up with a schedule and a route. So we did (see link below) and now portions of that route I posted is no longer true because things outside of Kawanow forced us to change it.

http://www.vulcanbagger.com/phpBB3/v...14811&start=15
KawaNOW #00454
IBA# 42214

2007 Nomad
2008 Concours

Old 04-13-2010, 03:13 PM   #10

Preplanning

Ross, Doug, Coach, Mike and all,

I leave for an adventure in Costa Rica on Friday, returning Sunday the 26th with NO internet access, so don't wait for my opinion. Whatever you guys decide is good with me.

Ross I like the return to Jacksonville around noon for my hike to South Florida. Figure with the trailer it'll take me about 8 hours to get home from there while you guys are sipping a cold one.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:40 PM   #11

Preplanning

Man you guyz got it together!!!!(::)
2003 Bandit 1200
CMA GateKeepers, Southern Cruisers#034, Patriot Guard Rider

Old 04-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #12

Preplanning

I have left a message for Dick on his home phone today and will await a return call. At that point I will post the tentative stop point for Sunday night and we can discuss the lodging options in that city. It will probably be either Mountain City, TN (per our first plan) or Wytheville, VA (Dick and I had discussed this earlier).

I apologize for any consternation that this is causing. I realize everyone wants to "get their ducks in a row" but sometimes, as Mike said, things happen outside our original plan. Also, please realize that I am trying to get everyone's input and feedback. It is sometimes difficult to reach a consensus.
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320

Old 04-13-2010, 03:55 PM   #13

Preplanning

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachA
I have left a message for Dick on his home phone today and will await a return call. At that point I will post the tentative stop point for Sunday night and we can discuss the lodging options in that city. It will probably be either Mountain City, TN (per our first plan) or Wytheville, VA (Dick and I had discussed this earlier).

I apologize for any consternation that this is causing. I realize everyone wants to "get their ducks in a row" but sometimes, as Mike said, things happen outside our original plan. Also, please realize that I am trying to get everyone's input and feedback. It is sometimes difficult to reach a consensus.
Coach, your doing a FINE job, and with that you get a (ATTABOY) from me!
2003 Bandit 1200
CMA GateKeepers, Southern Cruisers#034, Patriot Guard Rider

Old 04-13-2010, 07:32 PM   #14
Advanced Member

Preplanning

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachA

Just make sure I'm at the smores rally point.
KawaNOW #00454
IBA# 42214

2007 Nomad
2008 Concours

Old 04-13-2010, 08:40 PM   #15

Preplanning

+1 Goose... :) :) :) ...Coach you got it all together and we appreciate what you do..