Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 01-21-2017, 03:59 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Smooth ride now

Got the progressive shocks from Geotasnady (thanks again) and had time off and a good weather day so I finally got them on. Wow, what a difference. Since I've been riding on basically springs on one side, it makes a huge difference in corners. Got a few sweeping corners on the way home from work. Had gotten used to the slight hop on the back end when taking them. When I rode home Friday, no hop. I'm so conditioned to it, I kept waiting and it never happened.

Amusing thing though after I installed them. As it was before, the bike lift barely fit under the bike. I'd actually hit on the left frame while it was on the kickstand. So I'd put it up to that point and get on the bike, level it off and kind of pull the lift over more with my foot. Well, the new shocks drop the bike 1". So I couldn't push it back out with my foot. Lifted it back up and put a 2x6 under the back tire. Just enough height I could push it back out again.

Also changed the oil while I was at it. Oil pan just barely fits under it now.

I'd say for the improvement in ride and handling, it was worth losing the extra inch.
PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Scootergptx; 01-22-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:25 AM   #2