Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rides/Trip Reports/Travel Information

Old 04-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #1

CoachA's Florida Spring Break Tour

Well, here is the scoop on the trip (pictures to come when I can find my cable):

-1 Day...I changed the oil and hooked up the J&M and an auxiliary power point...well, all worked but the power point. I figured it has a short in it somewhere and I disconnected it instead of going through the entire install because it was 10:00 p.m. when I figured it out.

Sunday, met up with bugman and wife at the Crystal River McDonald's (what a trip be like without Mickey D's). We talked for awhile and did some mod comparisons before heading out. We rode up toward Cedar Key together and then parted ways. Stopped for lunch in Perry where things almost took a turn for the worse. Couldn't get the bike going and though I had a problem...turns out I left the kick stand down, duh!

Arrived at Indian Pass Campground around 5:30 and couldn't figure out which spot was mine, lot markings weren't the best. We had a beautiful view of the water but the wind was blowing very hard. Sat around campfire with some long term campers that night.

Monday, decided to move the camper down out of the wind...good choice. Went on a ride toward Panama City to check out the area, but the weather started to take a turn for the worse so we headed back. DaBull, left me a message and I told him we would meet for dinner in Mexico Beach around 5ish, but didn't know if it was Central or Eastern time, lol. My cell didn't get any signal up there (yippee for TMobile) so I didn't get skimo's voice mail till Monday around noon in Perry. When we headed back out for dinner, all hell broke loose. It rained like crazy, windy, really shouldn't have been out but we were committed (or should have been). Met DaBull for dinner and had a great time. Rode back in the rain and it continued all night (heavy at time, but the trailer didn't leak much, just a little).

Tuesday, pulled up stakes and headed toward St. Augustine. We were following the storm, but got lucky and didn't get any rain just some wind. Got to the campground at Anastasia Island (beautiful place to stay). We decided just to make some dinner and a fire and stay in for the night.

Wednesday, met up with Reaper, Trosco, Davidjones and Andrea for a ride and then we had lunch. The ride, lunch and company were fabulous. The ride Reaper had mapped out was outstanding, if any of you get over that way, hit him up to lead it.

All in all, a great time. Now off to bed, gotta get up at 4:00 to head out to the airport for a trip to Oklahoma.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-15-2009, 09:15 PM   #2

Sounds like a great time man.

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 04-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #3

Thanks for the report! Can't wait for pictures!

Old 04-16-2009, 02:45 AM   #4

What an adventure. Gotta love it.

Robert(skeeter)Dozier
07 Red&Titanium Nomad
81 Suzuki 850GL
KawaNow pre#