Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Australian Group

Old 11-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #1

Yankee

Just dropping in to see what's up with the Aussies :)

I've had an intrigue for Australia since I was a kid, wife's best friend is an Aussie, closest that I've gotten is New Zealand.

Wife is contemplating going for an expat job there with her firm CH2MHILL.

Just curious as to what's going on down here in this forum, and saying hi.

Is your son already over here Finky?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-15-2008, 03:05 AM   #2
Advanced Member

Yankee

hi there dan, nice for you to drop in. we dont seem to see a lot of action in here as theres only a few regulars but hopefully that will change. if you do make in down to oz you will never regret coming, its pure bliss down here, we always have good riding weather and plenty of great places to ride. if you do come over make sure you make it to melbourne as most of the guys in the aussie rooms live there, im the furterest away but only by 2.5 hours. then we could all catch up and do a trip on the great ocean road (not far from melbourne) its one of the best riding roads in oz with lots of winding road that follows a spectacular shoreline all the way along. its great even in a car let alone a bike. to cut things short, get over here its the best place on earth.....

Old 11-15-2008, 08:51 PM   #3

Yankee

Yes Dan
Racing yesterday and Sat&Sun he qualified 14th out of 32 I am happy with thatr at the moment the main day is Sunday and he usualy leaves the best till then.
Dito on the reply from MC if you get a chance to get over here let me know there is always a spare room for you here.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:02 PM   #4

Yankee

Thanks for the welcome Madcow, I'd love to travel there.

Finky, I'll have to look at the TV schedule and see if it is being broadcast here. I hope your son is having a great time. I'd love to be in a position to take you up on the room offer some time :)

Old 11-16-2008, 01:01 AM   #5

Yankee

Anytime Dan the door is always open to a Kawanow friend.
From what he has told me he is having a ball realy enjoying the American hospitality.I am not sure if it is live Telecasting over there but I believe it will be shown here in a few weeks.

The invitation goes to any kawanow member if your down under and in Melbourne let me know my wife and I would love to have you as guests and show you around our great state.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-16-2008, 05:38 AM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to aj
Yankee

G'day Dan, Did I read right..... you got all the way to NZ and didn't skip over the ditch to OZ? Did you know that NZ is the 8th state of Australia? LOL. With the Oz v US $ you could just about buy the place with your loose change! would be happy to ride with you whenever you get down here.

cheers

Old 11-16-2008, 05:31 PM   #7

Yankee

My son blew his motor today and has retired from the Red Bull Nationals in California.
he was shattered but vows to be back next year bigger and better to show the Yanks how to drift the Ozzie way.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:06 AM   #8

Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by finky
My son blew his motor today and has retired from the Red Bull Nationals in California.
he was shattered but vows to be back next year bigger and better to show the Yanks how to drift the Ozzie way.
Now that is not the news I wanted to hear. Does he need any help? We're aways form California, but I got a garage he can use up here in the Puget Sound area. Samll and crowded, but i can move the bikes out into the rain, if necessary.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:44 AM   #9

Yankee

Thanks. For the offer but the at will be shipped home and rebuilt a
next year

Old 11-17-2008, 11:44 AM   #10

Yankee

I was hoping to watch Luke yesterday on my Brother in laws 50 million channels, thinking it might be on somewhere. Unfortunately he cancelled his service and I didn't see a thing.

Too bad about the engine bad luck. I know it must have been a long trip and a lot of effort just to get here and compete. Wish he had the opportunity to give it his best effort.

Thanks for the welcome AJ, we were living in Tonga and on the way back home changed the ticket from Fiji out two weeks and went to New Zealand for a couple of weeks. If I had known you guys then, we would have gone to your side too :)

Perhaps it'll work out some time for some of you to come this way and ride the Rocky Mountains. We have a small place (sold the house for a condo) but we'd also host. I'd even let you borrow my bike, but then I won't be riding with you. Rental bikes are easy to get here, and then I could show you around on my bike.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:40 PM   #11

Yankee

There was a live feed on one of the internet sites but I could not find it either,it will be broardcast here in the next few weeks on pay TV fos sports I think.
Unfortunately with drifting if you get problems there is not much of a window to get it sorted,and once your out that's it for the weekend all over red rover.Luke is leaving to come home next Wednesday so I think they are going to have a look around and try to sort a drive over there in the American season for Luke.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:47 PM   #12

Yankee

Just checking back in with you all. How's the weather down there? Middle of the summer?

Old 01-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #13

Yankee

Bloody brilliant mate riding every day I can at the moment.
The Victorian group have our 1st group ride on the 18trh so I am looking forward to it should be good to put faces to the people you have been chatting to on the forum,it is not a big run just 300k day ride but I am hoping it will be a lot of fun and something we can grow on and I recon that iswhat it is all about meeting like minded people and having fun.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:31 AM   #14
Advanced Member

Yankee

the weather is great dan, i live a bit north of the other guys and have been enjoying a few days of 100deg weather. its been great for the bike but my laborers are whinging about it a bit. yes its the middle of summer here and its pure bliss..

Old 01-07-2009, 11:09 AM   #15

Yankee

Wish I was there. Sometime my finances might be right and I can escape winter for a week and go down.

Nothing better than escaping winter into some heat.