Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 11-18-2017, 11:55 AM   #16

Exclamation Mark Hey BallBreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballbreaker View Post
Hey Smokier what type of headlight are you planning on putting in and part numbers if you have them. Starting to check them out as well
Greetings,

So this one is the first choice... (Only one from SuperBright)
https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...nversion/3149/

The other replacement 7" LED options are:
https://www.amazon.com/GE-Lighting-6.../dp/B00BQX2BT8

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0731LGJZL...detail_3?psc=1

The problem with these two, is trouble verifying LUMENS of output... The superbright indicates 3000 and 3800 output for low beam and high beam respectively.

Ride safe,
Smokier

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-18-2017, 12:51 PM   #17

The H6024-60C-M seems like a good lite. Do you feel there is enough room in the bucket for the load canceller and would it be a direct fit or would we have to modify the bracket and purchase another chrome ring to hold it in much like the Speaker modification in one of the write ups. Thanks for your info and input.

Old 11-19-2017, 12:00 AM   #18

I'm going to make a driver backrest, trunk rack and bag racks. I already have a cushion for the backrest, I just need to make a bracket with a hinge so it will swing down for mounting and an adjustment mechanism to get it set just right.

I want to do something with the left dog bowl since I have a BAK (Chuckster's) on the right side. I don't really want a badge there. I would rather leave the cover but make it functional. Maybe a jug cooler, directing the air down and back like the KAMS does. The fan could be triggered with the radiator fan comes on, again like the KAMS.

Old 11-19-2017, 05:54 AM   #19

Things that make you go Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre-t View Post
Maybe a jug cooler, directing the air down and back like the KAMS does. The fan could be triggered with the radiator fan comes on, again like the KAMS.
I had the opportunity to install a KAMS on a 2009 Voyager. At the time I did that my Dealer and I tried to figure out why/how to put one on a Vaquero. (he has one).

We determined that the Vaquero Chin(sp?) fairing would get in the way of the KAMS parts. In adding a KAMS you replaced the Radiator and the bottom Radiator mount. This along with new Rad hoses, allows an air direction shroud to be installed around the fan. This in turn pushed air down and out instead of across the engine fins. It works on the Voyager but there just isn't enough room on the Vaquero and still be able to fit the Chin fairing as it is.

Now the REAR Hairdryer, I mean fan. Now, we kinda thought that that could be adapted to the Vaquero. Maybe they tried it and it didn't make that much of a difference.

Ivanization is still the best Jug Cooler there is.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:45 AM   #20

BallBreaker,

For me, these are going in Vaq, so have some room inside the fairing to store the load canceller. Cannot yet speak to the bracket modification, if needed.
Since we are blessed with two Vaq's at this house, we may get both the SuperBright and the Eagle Daymaker. Then have a side-by-side test. Afterwards I should be more enlightened on these choices. I just need to verify lumens on the Eagle Daymaker...

Ride safe,
Smokier

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-19-2017, 03:13 PM   #21

Smokier:
I am also looking at the install on a 2015 Vaquero. I was also wondering on the bracket mod. as well. Will be waiting for Black Friday to see if there are any deals available. Thanks for your input. I was looking at options for the driving light. I bought mine new and found that the previous owner wired the existing rear turn signal lite behind the speakers up front when he added the led taillight and brake lights. Guess wasn't enough load to slow blinkers down. Am looking for something to plug and plaly to make the led's work and remove the existing rear turn signal lites he hooked up under the speakers to reduce the quick blinking. Thanks for your time.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:53 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike07nad View Post
I had the opportunity to install a KAMS on a 2009 Voyager. At the time I did that my Dealer and I tried to figure out why/how to put one on a Vaquero. (he has one).

We determined that the Vaquero Chin(sp?) fairing would get in the way of the KAMS parts. In adding a KAMS you replaced the Radiator and the bottom Radiator mount. This along with new Rad hoses, allows an air direction shroud to be installed around the fan. This in turn pushed air down and out instead of across the engine fins. It works on the Voyager but there just isn't enough room on the Vaquero and still be able to fit the Chin fairing as it is.

Now the REAR Hairdryer, I mean fan. Now, we kinda thought that that could be adapted to the Vaquero. Maybe they tried it and it didn't make that much of a difference.

Ivanization is still the best Jug Cooler there is.
I already have a fuel controller (Dobeck EJK) and just can't justify the expense of the Ivan mod on top of that. The EJK does a pretty good job of making the engine run cooler. I also have a KAMS installed.

The only reason I would install a jug cooler fan is to make some use of the left side cover. I get stuck in creeping highway traffic in the summer enough that any extra cooling is a plus. I can do that a lot cheaper than Ivanizing. I got the idea from the jug cooler fans for Harleys, only I want to direct the air down and back instead of straight out and onto my leg. That is what I would use the cover for with an addition to the bottom to direct the air lower and back.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:32 PM   #23

Maybe wash it. Keep filled with gas because I can ride most every day.

Old 11-20-2017, 02:33 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
I pretty much got the bike as I want it.
May get an extra brake light. One that comes on with deceleration.
Cindy has a habit of running up on me in the twisties when I down shift a gear to slow down, she doesn't feel the need to slow down, hence the running up on my ass thing
Are you sure she isn't just trying to get a closer look at those buns of steel Tim?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 11-20-2017, 10:42 AM   #25

making the list of potential items...
1. switch out front lights to LED's (fixtures, not just bulbs)
2. install new Wolo BadBoy horn (FINALLY - have only had it nearly a year now...)
3. install momentary switch in dash for garage door opener
4. hard wire USB outlet in left and right glove box and in trunk
5. locate some cool looking LED's for extra running lights and signals for saddle bags