Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 10-29-2017, 09:18 PM   #31

love my Ivanization........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbono26 View Post
Ivanize is not an option. Its brand new and i have a 7 year warranty that woukd be voided.
2 years ago I traded a 97 VN1500 Vulcan to a Private Party for my Beautiful Plasma Blue, 2012 Vaquero with 6500 miles !!!! Sold new in 2014.

The '97 was a bit of a beater, in that I bought lots of neat stuff...cheaper,,,'cause they were used and didn't need to be perfect.
Drilled out the Baffles....sweet sound, PLASTI Dipped it once a year.
Highly recommend that stuff. Really loved it....low and mean!

The Vaq was kind of a poor mans Road Glide, about 5-7,000 $$ cheaper.
More Bike... if you ask me. And truly a different bike that the Vulc.
I'm 6' 280...and it is hard to get comfortable.
STILL trying to figure out highway pegs.

ALL these forums are SO bitchin'...saved my ass with the '97 (a 2 year only model, still 80% the same) Lots of tips and ideas!!

I KNEW i wanted to Ivanize it early.
I drilled the Baffles on a fleabay set of mufflers....sounded a little louder.
Ivan treats that as Stock Exhaust for his mod.
I did put on a BAK, using stock Air Covers, Ivan treats that as Non-stock for programming purposes.

Point of the Post:
as I push 66, in a few days, my body belies my memories.
I'm a Chopper guy at heart, maybe bobber.....NEVER a dresser-guy.
CHEEZEEE, hard to run withOUT a windshield, DON'T miss rigid frames, small seats etc etc. spoiled by the VAQ
BUT...whereas I wouldnt undo my Ivan reflash, I was shocked at the extra noise! That knocking thru the aircleaner takes some getting used to!
And the bike seemed super fast and nice stock, ignorance was bliss.
IF i bought a new VAQ, I probably would leave it stock.
Around town riding is one thing, lately been taking long rides and overnights.
200 300 a day. NEEDED 12' windshield. have a stock seat and stock gel seat, gonna cut one up (lost of websites on that mod). radio was worthless.
Blue tooth amp and BIG speakers, with the adapters, are sweet.

So I could easily agree with someone NOT modding the Air/Exhaust/ECU.

Depends on use. I am actually keeping an eye out for a 2015+ Road Glide

The new Hondas and Yamahas are a LOT of bike for the money, a little to futuristic in the front fairing for my taste.To Sport Bike looking.
If I can find a killer deal, I'll get the HD.
The Vaquero and Road Glide are more Bagger looking.

I just moved from Los Angeles to Phoenix.....HOLY CRAP is HOT.
We all talk about how hot the bike gets. Someone asked WHY did they put a "steam gauge" on a bike. Havent heard of a breakdown due to heat tho...
I gotta laugh...my right calf touches the casing and some times feels like its burning....when I touch the casing with my hand, it dosent seem hot enough to burn (?)
Ill try my hand at making some aluminum Heat Shields. $140 is a little steep, but probably worth it ! very clean design

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-30-2017, 10:11 PM   #32

I also have a full 7 years of coverage. By the time I had 660 miles on the bike I was about ready to sell it. the warranty wouldn't mean anything then as these bikes loose a lot of value when you drive them off the dealer lot. I was willing to take any risk and have the ECU flashed to save my investment in a new bike that other than heat and crappy running engine I really liked. The reflash cured all of the issues I objected to and turned this into my favorite of any bikes I have ever owned or ridden (90+ so far). I understand your warranty concerns but if the bike is so hot and crappy running you wont ride it then you have already lost more than your warranty is worth anyway. My dealer knows I had the bike flashed and they weren't concerned, They knew all about Ivan's Rockland County Motorcycles. I doubt they would acknowledge "its ok" on a public forum but they did point out 4 motorcycles in service area that had Ivans refalshes done on them.
2014 Goldwing F6B (Sold) and 86 prior motorcycles all sold. So far I like the Vaquero better than any other!!!

Old 10-30-2017, 10:20 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner191q View Post
I also have a full 7 years of coverage. By the time I had 660 miles on the bike I was about ready to sell it. the warranty wouldn't mean anything then as these bikes loose a lot of value when you drive them off the dealer lot. I was willing to take any risk and have the ECU flashed to save my investment in a new bike that other than heat and crappy running engine I really liked. The reflash cured all of the issues I objected to and turned this into my favorite of any bikes I have ever owned or ridden (90+ so far). I understand your warranty concerns but if the bike is so hot and crappy running you wont ride it then you have already lost more than your warranty is worth anyway. My dealer knows I had the bike flashed and they weren't concerned, They knew all about Ivan's Rockland County Motorcycles. I doubt they would acknowledge "its ok" on a public forum but they did point out 4 motorcycles in service area that had Ivans refalshes done on them.
Well you put it into perspective for me. I absolutely wouldn't ride it that hot and it was a big expense. If I tried to sell at this point I would take a bath. So i guess I will Ivanize over the winter. Sure hope it's everything I hear it is.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Old 10-30-2017, 10:47 PM   #34

where are you located? I would let you ride mine and see the difference. I used a cheap infared thermometer around the area closest to my right leg and the difference was nearly 100 degrees under similar temps riding my exact route to work after ivans reflash. The temp reductions are just the beginning in improvements. Throttle control is improved and the bike just runs so much better. Its almost criminal that Kawasaki has to make them run like this to meet EPA emission requirements. I had been lurking here for quite a while and already knew that the bikes ran hot and had issues before I bought mine. However I was surprised how hot and poorly it ran once I bought mine.
2014 Goldwing F6B (Sold) and 86 prior motorcycles all sold. So far I like the Vaquero better than any other!!!

Old 10-31-2017, 07:39 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner191q View Post
where are you located? I would let you ride mine and see the difference. I used a cheap infared thermometer around the area closest to my right leg and the difference was nearly 100 degrees under similar temps riding my exact route to work after ivans reflash. The temp reductions are just the beginning in improvements. Throttle control is improved and the bike just runs so much better. Its almost criminal that Kawasaki has to make them run like this to meet EPA emission requirements. I had been lurking here for quite a while and already knew that the bikes ran hot and had issues before I bought mine. However I was surprised how hot and poorly it ran once I bought mine.
I'm in Lakeshore, Ontario, Canada. Good road trip, lol. Thanks for the offer.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-19-2017, 06:50 PM   #36

I have used ivans flash on 3 bikes now 1 Yamaha and 2 kawies and have had warrenty work done on 2 with no problems ivans chgs are all within the limits of the ecu and will not cause any physical harm to the engine. My dealer has been with Kawasaki for almost 30yrs and has never seen or heard of a warranty claim problem due to ivans work. Ivan has been a tuner for many years and does this on many makes of motorcycles all with the same results {big smiles} I did my 2017 voyager at 600 miles I to have a 6year warranty. IMO don't wait 6 years to experience the true potential of this motorcycle. If for some reason you have a problem just have it reflashed back to stock before you claim any engine warranty work! Its free other than shipping. Enjoy your new ride.