Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 06-23-2017, 01:23 PM   #16
Advanced Member

In answer to your question, the same kind of asshole who made a U turn in front of me a couple of weeks ago. I was in the left lane and he in the right lane ahead of me. He suddenly made a u turn cutting from right to left in front of me. Thankfully I was on my sidecar rig and didn't go down but almost T-boned him. He looked at me like he didn't know I was there and just kept on going.

It doesn't do any good to say that many of us, including me, have had those kind of injuries but it is most sadly sometimes comes with the riding pastime, for many of us, a passion. Most thankfully you were not seriously injured and the damage to the bike appears to be minimal.

My good friend and riding buddy was crippled for life last July when a dim bulb young lady in her brand new daddy bourht Prius turned left in front of him while texting her dim bulb girlfriend. His beautiful Indian Chieftan was totaled with the entire front end torn off by the impact.

And I too hope that someone got the idiots license plate number but in so many situations, they don't.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-26-2017, 10:12 AM   #17
Sr. Contributor

It is a world wide problem, which suggest that we don't have a proper learners
permit or drivers license test. Motorcycles and Trucks should be part of the process.
Usually when a driver doesn't hang around is because they have no insurance or
their license is suspended. And then there is the substance users and texting people.
Be Safe.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]