Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 10-08-2017, 12:48 AM   #1

Daymaker headlight for vulcan nomad 1700

I going to ask this question once more. Has anyone heard of or has anyone installed a Daymaker Style LED headlight lens in their 1700 Nomad or Classic.

I have to buy a headlight replacement for my bike which you all know was in an accident in July and since I do I would love to upgrade to this style of a headlight lens.

If anyone has could you please post a picture of the headlight and also give me the link to the headlight that you used. Image attached or what is roughly what I am looking for.

Thanks very much appreciate the excellent comments on here in all links and love reading all the threads. So helpful they are at times.

https://baggerbags.com/wp-content/up....1280.1280.jpg

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by buckey1313; 10-08-2017 at 12:52 AM.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:02 AM   #2

Buckey,

I have NOT done the DayMaker upgrade. However, do plan on doing the LED from Superbright LEDS this winter.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...nversion/3149/

Looks like a very straight forward replacement...

Ride safe,
Smokier

Old 10-09-2017, 12:24 AM   #3

Well just not wanting to do the bulb replacement as my headlight is broken and so the lower cost of buying a led lens and bulb if possible. Our standard lens from Kawasaki is well over the 140 buck mark here in Canada. The Led lens online are available for a much more affordable price point and cast a better light.

The problem is in a Nomad 1700 bucket the actual lens attaches to the frame work for adjustment of the lens. The lens has tabs that hold the rear black frame to the lens by screws and the adjusters are mounted to this also. I know some on Voyagers and Vaquero have a slightly different system with a black mounting plate back that can be converted over to day maker headlight with some work and modification.

So just wondering if anyone has been able in some shape or form omit the Kawasaki lens and go with a day maker I really would love to do this but can not figure out a way to attach the lens to the adjustment bracket.

20171009_044022.jpg

20171009_044007.jpg

20171009_044027.jpg

Last edited by buckey1313; 10-09-2017 at 07:01 AM.

Old 03-15-2018, 06:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckey1313 View Post
I going to ask this question once more. Has anyone heard of or has anyone installed a Daymaker Style LED headlight lens in their 1700 Nomad or Classic.

I have to buy a headlight replacement for my bike which you all know was in an accident in July and since I do I would love to upgrade to this style of a headlight lens.

If anyone has could you please post a picture of the headlight and also give me the link to the headlight that you used. Image attached or what is roughly what I am looking for.

Thanks very much appreciate the excellent comments on here in all links and love reading all the threads. So helpful they are at times.

https://baggerbags.com/wp-content/up....1280.1280.jpg

I have a voyager 1700. I did a daymaker upgrade. Didn’t do an actual daymaker did the cheap knock off. You have to buy a mounting bracket also. Then you have to modify the bracket a little. I will send a picture later not home right now. But there is a how too vid on YouTube for exactly what to do. I would imagine the nomad isn’t much difference on what need to be done vs my bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk