Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 05-17-2017, 05:06 PM   #1

Marbling question with a Hypercharger

'03 nomad...trying to track down some issues and came across this. It has a Hypercharger on it. Is this the hose that needs to be plugged up to "marble" the bike?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170517_170141075.jpg (97.8 KB, 27 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-18-2017, 03:41 AM   #2

Well, marbling is plugging the air lines to the solenoids inside the lefthand air chamber on the stock intake.
Most people when they go thru the trouble of removing the stock air intake to go with a custom unit, they eliminate the air injection system completely, removing the hoses going to the reed valves on the heads, and installing coasters.
The hose you are showing in your pic is part of this air injection system that goes to each heads reed valves.
If you want to keep this, yes, just plug it off. But, its easy enough to remove all this crap, because of your system still being in place, you can get a backfire upon deceleration should you develop a air leak at the reed valves or at the hoses.
Gadgets site has great DIY articles on marbling, for folks that just wanna plug (Solenoids) it off. One should, if the go to the trouble of a new intake, go ahead and install the coasters, too. Along with this, if you have a aftermarket exhaust like V&H baggers, etc, take a plunge and get a EFI controller, you'll need it to richen up your mixture. These bikes run super lean as they are....there is performance to be had....bike will run cooler, better acceleration plus other benefits....

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
there won't be no schit....
*My Sarcasm is directly proportional
to the amount of Stupidity involved*
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero
2001 Nomad FI
2003 Street Glide (sold)
1500 Meanie, fresh rebuild (sold)
90s BUBF Bobber (sold)
2001 UltraCycle FatPounder (Sold)
1975 HD ElectraGlide (Sold)
1982 Kawasaki Z1 Chopper (Sold)
Suck It Up & Ride!

Last edited by DragonLady58; 05-18-2017 at 03:47 AM.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:50 AM   #3

I'm confused, I thought the hyperchargers didn't really do anything for the nomad beside give it a nice look? am I wrong if so please correct me.

Old 10-15-2017, 02:00 PM   #4

As DL said, I would just get rid of everything and forget about marbling unless you plan on going back stock in the future. As for their usefulness, a Hypercharger, like others aftermarket breathers is designed to introduce more air into the intake. It does so but is more efficient at higher speeds.(This is what I found when I had one) The flapping at idle invites a lot of questions and is a little noisy but that's about all. That being said, anything is better than the stock set up having air enter then crossover. I think the Chuckster setup is as good as any.

Old 10-15-2017, 02:58 PM   #5

Yes, the HC is better than stock, but more restrictive than mist of the other Big Aur Kits out there.

Like MrT just mentioned, the one from Chuckster’s is less restrictive and easier on the wallet.

But that isn’t one of the 2 hoses to marble.

Those are the hoses, 1 each, on the reed valves.

The one in your picture goes to the rats nest on top of your engine.
VBA 936

Login or Register to Remove Ads