Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 07-21-2009, 03:36 AM   #16
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
Connectors under seat

If a person makes it back then they weren't really lost, only disoriented. I would go with a Garmin if given the option.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-24-2009, 09:59 PM   #17
Advanced Member

Connectors under seat

I don't mind getting lost trying to find a place, but Mac, it sure is nice to touch that little house on my screen and it will show me how to get home.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:02 PM   #18
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to dhomoney Send a message via Yahoo to dhomoney
Connectors under seat

Tis very true Jamie. I like Mac, live in the backwoods, so much so that this weekend at midnight I was shooting to kill a armadillo, with whom I'm at war, and nary a cop was called. I love living in the country, but I wouldn't give up my GPS. I may live in the sticks, but I have more computing power than many small cities at my disposal. :)

Old 07-27-2009, 07:31 PM   #19
Sr. Contributor

Connectors under seat

I live to get lost.... All the time folks tell me go get lost...

I did get lost once, just once, and out hunting. Somehow I got crossed up and made it over one brook too many and then it got dark. I do mean dark and it was cold too. Ice in the bucket weatha'.
I ended up in a swampy place and was in my own back yard no less.

Just before 0 light I went to a dead and down hemlock tree. These burn hotter than hell with the needle fine branch tips and bright. I gathered a mess of that and lit a fire in the root hole, and could see better, for more dead and down wood and I built a pretty big fire. The bigger it got more wood I gathered.

After awhile I raked the fire over to one place in the root hole and fell asleep on the ashes.

Next day in light I went home, headed for work, but my wife of the time knew better than me telling her I got lost in the woods, and accused me of all sorts of things other than being lost..

I was really lost, but i wasn't un-happy about it. I had a couple patridge and water all around for wild tea..

Living in the boonies and riding in the boonies I just have no need for a GPS. If I did it would mean time meant something.
With in a hour or so I know what time it is, but I don't really have much use of a watch either. Only when I am getting paid by hours does a watch enter my world.

And I really can tell which way North is with any instruments man made.

I got a Bro In Law who has all that stuff, and he lives by it all, and seems to be racing to everything in life, always late, always in a hurry racing some captian clock.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 09-30-2017, 12:40 PM   #20

If you don't care where you're going, you cannot get lost.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-30-2017, 05:05 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDK View Post
If you don't care where you're going, you cannot get lost.
You realize this thread is 8 years old......
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Old 10-01-2017, 08:12 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by recumbentbob View Post
You realize this thread is 8 years old......
He was lost.