Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2017, 05:57 PM   #1

Changed plugs

Changed the plugs today, waste of time, 54,000 kms and other than being a bit discolored ( a nice tan shade mind you) they were like new.
Expensive little puppies, thankfully at $16 a pop there's only two. I wouldn't have bother but when i thought I was having vibration problems, I order a set and figured I might as well put them in.
IMG_20170812_121350.jpg

Word of advise to anyone contemplating a plug change on a rig with a few years on it. Beware taking the damn cap off, I buggered mine up thinking it was loose and it wasn't, when I pulled it up.
Unfortunately the actual boot part stayed on the plug, the end with the plug wire stayed on the wire ffffffark. I cobbled it up but now I have to order a cap, never fails, mo money :-)
The outer is rubber, neoprene or something similar, inside is a hard plastic, once that breaks the thing has no strength, as I found out.
Of course no dealer has one, I've got to order it, 'nother $41 down the tube for nuttin............Mike

Login or Register to Remove Ads