Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2017, 09:08 PM   #1

Questions Before Buying

Hey everybody, glad to join the forum.

I have been riding for a number of years had a Harley got rid of it, because it beat me up, traded up for a Yamaha Warrior and have loved it for about 3 years.

Although, its a great bike and offers a bit of cruiser and sport worlds I find myself wanting to go further and longer and after about 60-70 miles i just have to stop.

The vaquero caught my eye about a year and half ago and I have been searching ever since. I found one local, which I am learning is a rare thing (not many used vaqueros out there) and debating on what to do.

I am from MD and it seems to be a common practice for dealers not allowing you to test ride any bike used or new. I understand there reasoning but at the same time as a consumer this is not a helpful practice. The last bike I bought was in PA and i test rode it twice and loved it.

I had a couple questions. I am a bit nervous of trading the warrior in on a vaquero for losing that muscle ride and agile handling. I have read that the vaquero actually handles pretty well and has the same size v twin that has some serious power for being such a heavy bike. I know I am going into a totally different type of bike and ride, i just want that extra nudge before making a decision.

Anyone out there been in my shoes?

Login or Register to Remove Ads