Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2017, 11:52 PM   #1

Hello from North Georgia

I thought I would take a second to introduce myself. My name is Robert and I hail from northeast Georgia. Last week I bought my first Vulcan. It's a mint 2008 Nomad 1600 and it only has 5,135 miles on it. Found it on Craigslist and drove to central Alabama to get it. This is my 8th bike.

I've been riding since I got my first bike, a 1989 Harley 883 Sportster, back in 1992. I bought it when I lived in Fairbanks, Ak. Since then I've had a 1993 Harley 1200 Sportster, a 1998 Honda Shadow ACE 750, a 2004 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic, a 2006 Suzuki Katana (dont know what the heck I was thinking there), a 1993 Honda Goldwing with a California Sidecar Friendship III sidecar attached to it, a 1999 Honda Shadow ACE Tourer, and now the Kawisaki Nomad.

I've liked the Nomad since they first came and I always made sure to demo one whenever I made it down to Bike Week or Biketoberfest down in Daytona Beach. I will probably have this bike for a while. There was an 8 year hiatus between this Nomad and the ACE Tourer, so I'm really glad to be back in the saddle on a great bike.

When I first started looking I was seriously considering the Vaquero. There just isnt enough chrome on them for me. For some crazy reason the trend has shifted from lots of chrome to all black. Ugh. Anyway, I'm loving the Nomad and all it's chrome. Looking forward to making this one into the way I like it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by RbrtAWhyt; 06-17-2017 at 07:42 PM.