Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-16-2018, 06:16 AM   #1

Freedom Pipes

I like my V&H slip on's but heard a vaquero with freedom performance and loved it. My bike has the 2nd Ivan flash and Ray's throttle mod. It is a 2014 vaquero with 3,200 miles on it. If I put on the freedom performance will I run into O2 sensor issues or anything I need to be aware of. I understand I may have to send my ECU back for an adjustment, calling Ivan today. Also, What intake should I put on? I kept the stock with the V&H. I'm guessing this is going to be a must if I put these pipes on? I like the stock look and really don't want a lot of noise from the intake that I've read about. Or, can I keep the stock air intake with the freedom performance pipes? Thanks in advance

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-16-2018, 07:51 AM   #2
Advanced Member

There is two flashes for Ivan. You only need to change version with BAK to stop pining at WOT (wide open throttle).
  1. Normal
    BAK (Big Air Kit)

We are in the 3 revision of flash now.

As for intake you have a few choices:
  • Chucksters
  • Roaring Toyz
  • Thunder (used only as they shut down)
  • KN with stock
  • Kuryakyn (not recommended as universal)

Old 05-16-2018, 09:59 AM   #3
Top Contributor

You can keep the stock look if you install Chucksters kit. There is more noise with any intake kit. I suggest you take off the right side intake cover and go for a short ride. It will be a little quieter than that after you reinstall the cover, but not by much.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:31 AM   #4

I have Chucksters with a set of Cobra Tri Ovals I don't hear my intake like I did before adding the slip ons on as your bike has the Ivan's flash you don't have to worry about the O2 sensor as your year of bike didn't come with one.