Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Complete Bikes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2014, 10:07 PM   #1

Hate to Do It - 05 Nomad for Sale

I have had a hard time coming to the decision to sell my 2005 Nomad, but I am going to sell it this spring. Many of you have seen my Nomad at the annual Spring Flings in Eureaka Springs. Thought I would post it here before listing elsewhere.

Currently has 19,700 miles on the clock. Custom blue metallic paint with silver and red pin striping and Nomad logo. It has new Michelin Commander tires and over the 2012 winter I changed fork fluid, brake fluid, antifreeze, rear diff fluid, installed new steering head bearings, as well as all normal maintenance. I was planning on riding a lot in 2013. I rode it to the Ozarks Spring Run (about 600 miles) and then I bought another bike. Between the new bike and the evils of a job I only put another couple hundred miles on it last year. It is too nice of a ride to be a garage queen so it is time for it to go to someone that has the time to ride.

Many accessories and modifications including - Premeux fairing, Dragon Wings, caliper mounted Moto Lights, Flip-A Lever throttle lock, modified Chuckster intake plate with K&N filter, Meannie clutch spring & Judges washers, VN800 kickstand, debaffled stock exhaust with gutted goat bladder, Yamaha Venture trunk mounted on Wompus rack, driver's seat has been modified with softer foam, CWI folding backrest, Backoff brake light modulator, heated hand grips, Blue LED under-tank lighting, fuel tank chap with custom Nomad logo to match tank logo's, crash bar chaps, factory service manual and others that I can't remember.

I have ridden this bike all over the western half of the US. It is great for long trips - One trip I took was from Oklahoma to Wyoming, through Montana up into Canada and back home. If I had time I would jump on this bike and ride it to either coast. With 19,000 miles a 1600 Nomad is barely broken in. I am willing to part with my beloved Nomad for $6700. I know I could part out all the accessories and sell the bike in stock condition and get more $ but would prefer to give someone the benefit of having the bike all set up and ready to go.

Didn't know how to embed a photo so tried to attach a file.

Give me a call (918) 230-6018 or send me an email at sparkyld@cox.net if you are interested. -- Double L
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VN1600_2.jpg (46.7 KB, 113 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads