Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 12-22-2008, 04:47 PM   #31

occupations of riders in general?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn
Basiclly, I get to baby sit labour and management to keep them from doing really stuped things.
LOLOL!!
I have done enough field research to know that there is absolutely no way to prevent stupid acts by the truly dedicated dumba$$! Yep, I work with some real Darwin Award candidates.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-22-2008, 04:51 PM   #32

I am a Transportation Manager for the Ohio Dept of Transportation. Been at it for over 28 years and hopefully I can retire in another year and a half. Aside from that I am the Network Administrator/Computer Tech for our Churches Catholic Grade School, that is basically volunteer work.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:15 PM   #33
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to dhomoney Send a message via Yahoo to dhomoney

I am the Senior Consultant in the Central Region for F5 Networks. Most, if not all, of you have never heard of us, but we are in front of most major websites you go to. My specific tasks these days are scoping work and writing iRules which is pretty cool. I have been with F5 for 5 years and in the IT industry for 15. I have worked as a Network Engineer, System Administrator, and in IT management in the past. I am also tech support for my entire family and than some. :)

Old 12-22-2008, 05:28 PM   #34
Advanced Member

I am an IT manager for a production facility in Phoenix. I have been in IT for 15+ years. I went to college to be a Mechanical Engineer. I was an engineer until somewhere along the way I ended up in IT.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:29 PM   #35
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhomoney
I am the Senior Consultant in the Central Region for F5 Networks. Most, if not all, of you have never heard of us, but we are in front of most major websites you go to. My specific tasks these days are scoping work and writing iRules which is pretty cool. I have been with F5 for 5 years and in the IT industry for 15. I have worked as a Network Engineer, System Administrator, and in IT management in the past. I am also tech support for my entire family and than some. :)
I am familiar with F5 Networks. We have several BigIP servers in our data center. BigIP is in front of most of the applications I support.

I gave up the family tech support badge several years ago. Before that, I was the family mechanic. Moving to Phoenix and away from the family helped.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #36

Financial Advisor with a major Wall Street firm for the past 28 years....

Didn't we go through this a few months ago?...Speaking of a few months ago, where's Wolfman?

Old 12-22-2008, 06:14 PM   #37
Advanced Member

I am pastor of a small church in Crete, Nebraska. Been here for the past 17+ years.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:36 PM   #38

I'm a Data Communications Engineer with a local government. Actually, I'm their Supervisor.... but I sometimes wish that I was back to the engineer level. Less headaches!!!

Michael K

Old 12-22-2008, 06:57 PM   #39
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosko
I'm a Gas plant operator. I operate a gas plant.

Click Here
Sure your not a gas producer

Web Slinger's Speedo face, Chuckster's Air Kit, Jay's LED Tail light, dshelly's throttle mod, Kuryakan Deep Bezel lens, Headlight Modulator, Kuryakan Run/Brake/Turn, DWG 2" speakers and amp, Stebel Air Horn

Fire & Iron, Red Knights, ROK, VBA, VRA, VROC, IAFF

Old 12-22-2008, 06:58 PM   #40
Advanced Member

I'm a retired firefighter/paramedic. 25 years of service, no longer burned out . Critical Care Nurse, Now

Web Slinger's Speedo face, Chuckster's Air Kit, Jay's LED Tail light, dshelly's throttle mod, Kuryakan Deep Bezel lens, Headlight Modulator, Kuryakan Run/Brake/Turn, DWG 2" speakers and amp, Stebel Air Horn

Fire & Iron, Red Knights, ROK, VBA, VRA, VROC, IAFF

Old 12-22-2008, 06:59 PM   #41
Advanced Member

I've been self employed for the past 20 years.

My first work was for My dad's store, and did the retail for approximately 10 years.

Was doing landscaping and exterior maintenance for a while (5+ years) then took my hobby "street racing" and opened up my own speed shop.

Took a break from working for myself and got a job and a steady pay check as an "Elevator Renovator". I was making those boxes that go up and down look nice!.
I got sick of having to travel to work morning and night so I just told them to keep the job, went to work at a local sign shop that was 4 minutes walk from home for a few years until they decided to sell off to a big company in town that would have meant more traveling morning and night again and for a lower pay!

Started my own (sign shop) and I diversified the services and product offered for me to be able to make a good living direct from home. being my own boss, again!.
I can play "hooky" when I want and don't have to answer to nobody but me.
The company is called EXIT66 Signs & Graphics

Old 12-22-2008, 07:00 PM   #42
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe (mrfuni) #250
Financial Advisor with a major Wall Street firm for the past 28 years....

Didn't we go through this a few months ago?...Speaking of a few months ago, where's Wolfman?
Yes, it comes up 2 or 3 times a year. I think it's interesting to learn what others do for a living.

Wolfman sold his Nomad to spend more time with his family a couple of months ago. He's not riding anymore.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 12-22-2008, 07:01 PM   #43

Send a message via Yahoo to nomadrider1600

I have my own motorcycle repair shop called Old School Motorcycle Repair. Make a lot of Gold Wing and Harley Trikes.

55 and I still play with motorcycles.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:20 PM   #44

I'm a police Lieutenant. I've worked patrol, K-9, and investigations. I'm presently supervising the midnight shift looking forward to returning to my beloved evening shift. I'm also a retired Air Force First Sergeant (20 years).

Old 12-22-2008, 07:52 PM   #45

Contractor/Carpenter. Self employed. 29yrs. Fiercely independent and extremely diversified. Mostly remodels and repairs. Quality over quantity. I retire every evening and I get tired again the next day. I work because I have to and will probably have to til I die because I like new stuff. Ride every chance I get cuz I don't know when I'll get another chance.

Robert(skeeter)Dozier
07 Red&Titanium Nomad
81 Suzuki 850GL
KawaNow pre#