Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthEast Group

Old 08-24-2008, 09:02 AM   #1
Advanced Member

ridin' with the Virginia Beach Boyz

To kick off my trip back to Vermont I took advantage of DUI's ride this past Saturday morning from Virginia Beach to Harrisonburg leg and joined up with some of Virginia's finest boys in blue. We left out of VB early and made our way out to route 10 and ironically covered some of the ride that I had taken the previous Sunday with my girlfriend and her family through the Smithfield and Carrolton area. We got onto Interstate 295 to access route 33 and then the going got really good. It was a whole different lay of land and the scenery was wonderful. The pace was intense, but never frenetic and going over part of the Shenandoah National Park was quite spirited and extremely thrilling. My girlfriend happened to be in Harrisonburg at the same time and we made an unplanned and very happy rendevous before I began my near iron butt run north. Here are the raw numbers: 940 miles total over 20 hours of being out on the road with approximately 13-15 hours of actual riding time. I departed my girlfriend's house in Virginia Beach at 7:00 am and got to my place in Vermont at about 3:00 am (I actually got within three miles by almost 2:30 am, but that is where my cell service ended so I had to make one last call before I got home). Previous to this trip I endured 15 hours to ride about 710 miles to get to her house; 9 hours in the dark with a long period of rain. It is truly amazing what one can accomplish when properly motivated.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-24-2008, 08:29 PM   #2

I see some folks I know in those pics! Wish I coulda gone on that one.

Glad to hear you had a great ride and your meeting with your girlfriend was what you expected and more!

Amy "kawgirl" Neal
Greenville, NC
2002 Nomad

Old 08-24-2008, 11:39 PM   #3

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC

Man that sounded like a nice trip. Thanks for sharing it with us racinchef

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 08-25-2008, 09:11 AM   #4

Hey racinchef, it was good to meet you and add another face to a name here. Too bad you couldn't keep riding with us. Cause you would have loved the curves, mountains, and views going to WVA. We all had a good time. A lot of riding in a short amount of time.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:17 AM   #5

Got to meet DUI (Brian) and his wife at the rally in June, nice people so I'm not surprised you had a good ride. Sounds like you had a great trip. Now if we would only dry out in Florida, we can get back on the road again..Joe

Login or Register to Remove Ads