Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 02-05-2018, 12:58 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Windshield bag/pockets

I'm looking for a windshield bag or multiple pocket for my 07 Nomad.

I've been searching forum for the last 20 minutes looking for thread on windscreen bags because I know I've seen them in the past but can't find one now. I've also done an ebay and general web search and come up with all kinds of bags but that look like they won't fit.

Has anyone bought one specifically for the Nomad or know of a universal one that will fit OK? Most fit Harley and have a hole for a screen with center mounting screw. Single is fine but multiple pockets will do. I just need something for my shop door lift controller, small items like keys etc. They are very handy.

Edit: Oops, continued searching after posting the above and this popped up. It looks like it might fit but the listing only gives a PN and not fitment. Anyone have one of these or know about it?

https://www.amazon.com/Kawasaki-K530...5HH0BQ2WATBHRJ

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Navigator; 02-05-2018 at 01:04 PM.

Old 02-05-2018, 02:29 PM   #2

I've got this Hopnel pouch on my 07 Nomad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hopnel windsheild pouch.jpg (3.7 KB, 136 views)

Old 02-05-2018, 03:15 PM   #3

My door lifter remote is 12v... So for the last few bikes I've had a remote in the headlight bucket or fairing, wire soldered across the clicker, powered off my high beam switch.

So all I have to do when I come down my driveway, is flash my high beam to open my door.

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Old 02-05-2018, 04:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg View Post
My door lifter remote is 12v... So for the last few bikes I've had a remote in the headlight bucket or fairing, wire soldered across the clicker, powered off my high beam switch.

So all I have to do when I come down my driveway, is flash my high beam to open my door.
That my friend is utter brilliance !!! I know what I'm doing before spring . Beats looking for it in your jacket every time .

Old 02-05-2018, 05:42 PM   #5

I have a couple of small camera bags across the wide chrome strip
attached thru the belt loop on the back of the bag
fully adjustable and cheap.
find them in thrift shops.
Mark.
Cadmad / K&N + original intact
Progresive 412HD / Front springs also
Darkside rear tire 36psi 195/55/16
Towbar/ classic trailer
Penrite HPR15 diesel oil
Led lights front and back

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-05-2018, 05:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridefree View Post
That my friend is utter brilliance !!! I know what I'm doing before spring . Beats looking for it in your jacket every time .
It impresses riding buddies & neighbors too. Here's a link to one of the many online tutorials you'll find with a google search.

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Old 02-05-2018, 06:55 PM   #7
Advanced Member

I went to my local aftermarket motorcycle leather store and bought two leather pouches about 7" or so wide. I drilled holes in the back to match the windshield holes and chrome piece holes, used slightly longer screws and mounted them. I drilled the holes low enough in the pouches so that the handle bar and risers weren't in the way of the closure flaps. They hold my garage door opener, a small flashlight, glasses, parking meter change, etc. I also bought a leather bag about 3" deep X 8" wide X 9" or so tall and mounted it on the back of the rear backrest with the strap running between the rest and the chrome bar. It rests on the luggage rack and is my wife's place for glasses, gum, tissues, gloves, phone, etc. I'm afraid to look in there to see what else she's storing in there.

Old 02-05-2018, 07:37 PM   #8

Quote:
It impresses riding buddies & neighbors too. Here's a link to one of the many online tutorials you'll find with a google search.
Thanks very much Peg !! Appreciate the help with that..

My apologies to the original poster for interrupting the thread . Looks like you got some very helpful knowledge here .

Old 02-06-2018, 01:33 PM   #9
Advanced Member

No interruption at all. What an ingenious set up Peg. I'd probably fry my wiring harness if I attempted something like that though.

Thanks guys. Some good suggestions there. Tom, did you have to do any modification on the Hopnel such as drill holes. Would you happen to have the item number?

Unfortunately we don't have any aftermarket leather stores locally like I've visited in Florida and Texas. I like to examine an item before purchase which is why I asked if any had bought the one at the link I posted. We do have two nice Goodwills and nice secondhand store and I've seen bike stuff in both all of them. Will take a closer look.

Old 02-06-2018, 04:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post

Tom, did you have to do any modification on the Hopnel such as drill holes. Would you happen to have the item number?
I believe it was Hopnel Windshield Tri-Pouch Bags Part # HD90-203BK - I've seen them on Ebay, Amazon and on several other sites like Summit Racing, J&P Cycles

There appear to be 2 types, one with mounting holes & one with slots - mine had the holes, but either one should work - It's been about 10 years since I put mine on the bike, but I don't recall making any major modifications - might have had to drill a couple of new mounting holes to match up to the Nomads windshield bolt spacing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hopnel holes.jpg (11.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Hopnel Slot.jpg (19.5 KB, 8 views)

Old 02-06-2018, 07:20 PM   #11

Quote:
Damn Cool Peg.....I likes it....will have to do that with my gate opener.....

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
there won't be no schit....
*My Sarcasm is directly proportional
to the amount of Stupidity involved*
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero
2001 Nomad FI
2003 Street Glide (sold)
1500 Meanie, fresh rebuild (sold)
90s BUBF Bobber (sold)
2001 UltraCycle FatPounder (Sold)
1975 HD ElectraGlide (Sold)
1982 Kawasaki Z1 Chopper (Sold)
Suck It Up & Ride!

Old 02-06-2018, 08:58 PM   #12
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat View Post
I believe it was Hopnel Windshield Tri-Pouch Bags Part # HD90-203BK - I've seen them on Ebay, Amazon and on several other sites like Summit Racing, J&P Cycles

There appear to be 2 types, one with mounting holes & one with slots - mine had the holes, but either one should work - It's been about 10 years since I put mine on the bike, but I don't recall making any major modifications - might have had to drill a couple of new mounting holes to match up to the Nomads windshield bolt spacing.
Thanks Tom. I found it doing a search. The new ones apparently have the slots. I think that plastic part goes down in between the windscreen and the chrome mounting bracket. I think it will work find.

Old 02-06-2018, 09:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
I think that plastic part goes down in between the windscreen and the chrome mounting bracket.
That would be correct - all you should need to do is loosen the six bolts going across the windshield and slide the tab in - worst case you may need to cut out a couple of more slots depending bolt spacing.

Having the 3 individual pouches comes in mighty handy.

Last edited by tcat; 02-06-2018 at 10:24 PM.

Old 02-07-2018, 09:03 AM   #14

I put this on my 01. The shields are about the same size. I did have to redrill the holes but not a big deal to be. I can't fathom 79 bucks for a single bag.

https://www.ironpony.com/ipd/pi.asp/...Windshield-Bag

Old 02-08-2018, 01:20 AM   #15
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat View Post
That would be correct - all you should need to do is loosen the six bolts going across the windshield and slide the tab in - worst case you may need to cut out a couple of more slots depending bolt spacing.

Having the 3 individual pouches comes in mighty handy.
And as it turns out that is the ones I need. I don't know what I was thinking. I've got handlebar risers and after I responded to your post, went out in the shop just to check if there would be any interference and, dang, I've had those risers so long that forgot the position of the bars. I'm going to take a pic in the morning and post it. With those tabs, the pockets sit above the mounting bracket. The pic of the single bag I posted won't work. I've got too many bikes and forget little details like that.

And that is a nice set of Coaster Metric bags at a decent price. IVO the above, I think they'd sit too low and on the bars. Will know in the morning.