Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 02-01-2018, 11:39 AM   #1

MS Batwing

Good Day,

Since I have been part of this forum I have done the following to my bike with the help and instruction of many members:
- Added PhatRisers II
- Installed a meanie spring with Judges Washers
- Changed my 35w spots to 55w with the addition and proper installation of a relay
- Added a GPS with a charging port
- Tips on oil changes (both engine and final drive)
- Will be adding a Grasshopper backrest and removing the pillion seat to make a solo rider (purchased)
- Will be adding a rear fender bib (purchased)
- Will be adding a MS Batwing (purchased)

I would like to thank the Vulcan Bagger community for all their help with these projects. I am in need of possibly a little more regarding the Batwing. I would like to keep the lower deflectors when the Batwing is installed and have read that you basically just need longer bolts. Is it that simple?
Also with my risers, is there anything that needs done to ensure the fairing fits?

Again, thank you all for your expertise and support with mine and many others ongoing projects and problems.

2003 Nomad 1500Fi
V & H pipes
MS Batwing
Meanie spring with Judges washers
Phat risers
‘97 Royal Star rear fender rack

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-02-2018, 09:46 AM   #2

First off great work with your bike. I have a reckless fairing for my bike and I still use my original lower deflectors with original bolts no problem. As for the riser sorry I can't help you there