Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 01-16-2017, 01:21 AM   #1

Voyager backseat luggage

I am going to be taking a few trips this year but I need to get some luggage for my 2013 Voyager. I need a large pack that I can put on the backseat and strap it down securely. My problem is I have the Ultimate seat with the backrest. It has great lumbar support so I need something that will fit with the backrest in place.
I've been looking online and have found 3 that I think may fit my needs but want some opinions from people who have used these or have something comparable that they like.
Tbags - TB9100DBB
Nelson-Rigg - GWS-500
Saddlemen - BR4100

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-16-2017, 09:31 AM   #2

I have used a bag similar to the Tbag on my Voyager with Grasshopper backrest. and it works OK, Seems a little top heavy due to trying to put a square object into an oblong hole.

Had I found the Saddlemanbag that's what I would have bought due to the curved portion that would fit nicely against the tour pack.

Which ever bag you pick, run some ty-down straps under the seat to attach the bag and leave them there while touring. The bag will stay there just fine. Also pack your bike with everything you think you will need then get rid of at least half of it. But be sure to keep your breakdown items. Have done many a mile traveling and gone from being overloaded to just needing stuff that will fill the hard luggage (when moteling it for a week or more).

Enjoy your trip, there are so many wonderful places to see and people to meet out there

Present rides
1983 Honda Shadow VT750 - Harley Killer
2005 Yamahe V-Star - Yarley
2012 Kawasaki Voyager - Weeping Angel

http://tourofhonor.com/ #97 (2019) #128 (2018) #8 (2017) #458 (2016)
IBA #50918
VBA #2296

Old 01-16-2017, 09:34 AM   #3

Saddlemen FTB1000. I have it between my Utopia rider backrest and the trunk backrest, sitting on the rear pillion. It is strapped down to the saddlebag support near the rear shock. The chrome frame covers are protected with 3M clear paint protector film. The front of the bag is curved and nest nicely into the trunk pad. I have carried a gallon of gas and my rain gear there for extended trips. It does not degrade the seat material. It is not waterproof without the rain cover which is flimsy and beats everything to death in the wind if used. http://www.saddlemen.com/ftb1000-spo...-bag-universal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bag.jpg (57.0 KB, 9 views)

Old 01-16-2017, 10:23 AM   #4
Advanced Member

I have a nelson rigg that is a dry bag on it's own. No need for a rain cover. It also has straps so I can add a tube dry bag above it if I need a little extra. As long as I only put clothes in it and don't stuff it, I can use the rider backrest with it. If I stuff it good, I can remove the rider backrest and have a backrest that goes all the way to my shoulder blades which is much more preferable in colder weather.

It does have many Velcro straps on the back to mount to a passenger backrest, but they fit into the curve of the trunk pad nicely. There are also two straps to mount it down to a passenger grab rail and D-rings on the bottom front that I secure with an Arno Strap.

2010 Vulcan Voyager, 2007 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2009 Vulcan Nomad

Old 01-17-2017, 08:20 AM   #5

Try this http://www.roadreadybags.com/

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-17-2017, 09:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince View Post
Road Ready are good bags and are water proof you don't need a rain cover.
And made in the USA.....
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Old 01-18-2017, 04:01 PM   #7

Love my Saddleman 4100! Used it on several long trips!
http://www.saddlemen.com/br4100-back-seat-bag-universal

Old 01-18-2017, 08:30 PM   #8

I have a Kury Tour bag and it fit great on the back seat. I had a modified (larger pad) Grasshopper back rest and a Leatherlyke trunk on my 05' 1500 Classic. Worked good on that bike and I double checked it to see if it would fit on my Versys 650 LT with trunk. Should work great on it as well (no back rest on the Versys though).

Old 01-19-2017, 10:36 PM   #9

I found a good deal on a "Road Ready Ultra Tour Bag" on Ebay. It looks like it may just work out. until I posted this thread I didn't even know they existed, so Thanks. I think I may have to modify the way it mounts but thats not a big deal. I have to have the extra room for light weight but bulky work items that I have to take with me. If it wasn't for that I could do with a much smaller bag.

Last edited by 8v06; 01-19-2017 at 10:39 PM.