Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-16-2016, 02:10 PM   #541
Advanced Member

You know the plugs are worth >$25 each...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Ranch View Post
One of the Voyager owners in our club changed his spark plugs and afterwards said it started much easier. I think he said there was over 35,000 miles on them. He has over 100,000 on the skoot.

Something to consider that won't cost to much.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-16-2016, 02:11 PM   #542
Advanced Member

FYI Ivan advanced the timing which in turn makes vehicle harder to start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comptime View Post
Been scanning the thread til my eyes cross. Lol.. 2015 Voyager had my ECU reflashed probably two months ago. Running great on stock breather and pipes. Recently I ran into a problem. It usually takes one push of the starter and the bike starts right up, but once it wouldn't fire off and I had to hold the starter several seconds to get it to kick off. The other day I got my Cobra Tri Flo s and installed them myself. Bike runs great but I have to give it a little throttle to get it started. Didn't think I would need to on fuel injection. Not sure if it's bad gas, not getting enough air, or running too rich. I plan on calling Ivan, but wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Not knocking he reflash..just have a little glitch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 10-26-2016, 08:26 PM   #543

Installed my Ivan's flashed ecu this morning and it makes the bike much better to ride. I really hated the stock tune.

Old 11-01-2016, 02:33 PM   #544

ECU Mod.. Do it!!

Got my ECU Sunday and installed it according to Ivan's directions. HOLY CRAP my bike moves now!! If you're thinking about doing this you've already taken too long. Getter done. The results are nothing short of amazing!!

Old 11-02-2016, 06:40 PM   #545

ECU Flash

Went to Ivan's shop today. About 180 miles south of where I live. I figured it was a nice day for a ride to upgrade my 2012 Voyager and do a little comparison right away. Well, Ivan was there and very informative. I appreciate his eye for detail and no nonsense kind of way. He grabbed my unit in a matter of minutes and had it back in in no time. At the first start up already a difference in the smoothness, rpms, throttle response, and i haven't even left yet!
Now that I came back 180 miles the same way, about 60 city and 120 highway, I averaged 40mpg at a highway speed about 78mph. On the way down I was getting about 35.5. Overall much more pull in every gear, no need to downshift from OD to 5th, she pulls along real nice. Nice throttle roll, quick throttle, oh, no rapid deceleration when letting off the throttle, just a smooth coast. Backfiring is thing of the past!!
If your thinking about it, do it! No Regrets.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-07-2017, 09:11 AM   #546

I just bought a 2013 Vaquero and I'm loving every mile I put on it . I'm now making arrangements to have the ecu sent to have it flashed . Hopefully it returns before my next holiday booking . From all that I have read on the forum I'm looking forward to it .

Old 07-07-2017, 06:25 PM   #547

ECU Flash from Ivan's Performance available

Have had the ECU back in the Nomad for 3 weeks after a 2 1/2 week trip by post to the USA for Ivan to work his magic reflashing it.

I have a K & N air filter and Vance & Hines slip ons.

I now have more lower end torque,higher pickup speed,it runs cooler, shifts seem smoother and power on the whole band.
The throttle is also very smooth and predictable with a very easy feel to it.
Overall the bike is now what it was meant it to be.

If I had to do it over, I would in a second!! Add me to the list of satisfied owners that have done Ivan's upgrade.

2012 Nomad 1700
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 Nomad 1700
Ivanized(2)
Vance & Hines slipons

2005 Classic 800(sold)

Old 07-11-2017, 09:27 AM   #548

I sent my ECU out to Ivan on Monday . I'm already going crazy . I've read every word on this thread and can't wait to get it back . I've only put approx 200 km on my Vaq since I bought it and now it sits waiting for it's major improvement .

I have a three day trip planned and will comment after I get back . I have no doubt in my mind that Ivan's magic will make the ride very enjoyable .

Old 07-13-2017, 03:56 PM   #549

So, apart from running hot, and the popping and farting on the over-run, I was really happy with my bike, but after reading this forum for a bit, began noticing more and more I was unhappy with. I became intrigued by Ivans flash, but being cautious about irreversible, or not easily reversible modifications,I decided to purchase a spare ECU. Got one from E-Bay
(which arrived last week), fitted it to test, and when I was happy it had no faults, decided to use this for the flash.
Sent it of to Ivans Monday (2 days ago), was flashed yesterday, and got it back today.
Fitted,and went for a 50 mile test run.

Notice a difference in the throttle response within 15 yards, and the grin started. It became fixed when I realized how much cooler it was running, and after I refueled, reset the
Mpg calculation, and saw the improvement in consumption, I was totally sold.

Everything I've read about the flash, and the service is true. I can't say enough good things about it. So glad I did it. My bike is now complete.........for the moment!

Vaquero Mods:
Kawasaki Aux Lights, Kawasaki 12v socket, TomTom GPS on RAM " X" mount, Kawasaki I-pod adaptor, with I-pod (makes a big difference to the sounds), Open Road Outfitters two hitch, California Sidecar "Escapade" trailer, Ivans ECU flash.

Other Bikes:
2012 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
2011 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
2001 Honda ST1100

Old 07-14-2017, 08:38 PM   #550

Still waiting for my ECU to arrive at Ivan's . The horse and buggy must have stopped for water !!

The more I read about the flash , the more I'm looking forward to getting it back .

Old 07-17-2017, 08:37 PM   #551

Update : Got a call from Ivan's . The ecu is ready and is on it's way back . I payed a little extra to have it sent back in two days . I'm looking forward to seeing how the bike will perform !!

Old 07-18-2017, 10:06 PM   #552

I received my ECU back from Ivan today and got a chance to go out for about an hour . I did some slow speed maneuvers ( figure 8's ) and such , rode through some residential areas and finally hit the highway to see what she would do . Shifting was very smooth , throttle response was spot on and very smooth . The eng temp was much lower than before . Much more torque throughout all gears . And best of all absolutely no back firing or popping on decel .

All I have to say is I'm very glad I decided to go this route and have it flashed instead of buying a TFI . It did make the pipes a bit quieter but I can sure live with that .

The 11 days I waited to get this done was more than worth it !!!!

Ivan , thanks to you I can enjoy my bike much more than before . There are no words to express how grateful I am for what you've done !!!

Cheers to you ..... Your the man !!!!!

Old 07-26-2017, 09:08 AM   #553

It just occurred to me that before I sent my ecu to Ivan I had put a marble into the hose that's behind the right side side cover to minimize the popping . I know that the flash turns all that stuff off .

Should I remove the marble or should I just forget about it ?

Old 07-26-2017, 03:37 PM   #554

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridefree View Post
It just occurred to me that before I sent my ecu to Ivan I had put a marble into the hose that's behind the right side side cover to minimize the popping . I know that the flash turns all that stuff off .

Should I remove the marble or should I just forget about it ?
The flash disables the valve I believe, so it should make no difference... The marble may still be in mine now I think about it.

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Old 07-26-2017, 09:53 PM   #555

I may just go ahead and remove it on the next rainy day . Can't see it affecting anything if the system is disabled . Thanks for the added conformation !!