Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-06-2015, 08:31 PM   #31

[QUOTE=Lumberjack;642003]Is there enough room to use the Harley adapters (5.25 to 6.5) and mount the speaker in behind the fairing?

Anyone install an aftermarket deck instead?[/QUOTE

I know of the adapters you speak of but not sure but don't think they will
I do have 6 3/4 speakers in mine though. PO cut my openings but you cant tell with grills on but he really did some hacking away at them I cleaned his mess up! I have a set of polk 6.5 I had in there but took them out and installed Alpine's and they sound so much better then the polks. We installed a set of Alpine non marine in my friends street glide over a year ago and had no issues yet and we've ridden in some downpours!!! At the volume we run with amps going 75mph Im pretty sure the rubber surrounds will give up way before h20 gets them because Ive already blown the cones on one pair! but at 100.00 every few years so what I think

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-06-2015, 08:34 PM   #32

OH YEA! If you want to try the adapters polk makes a marine 6.5 called a shallow mount that is a 1/4 shorter

Old 10-06-2015, 10:59 PM   #33
Advanced Member

If you take the grills off mind taking a picture? I have to go bigger speakers or change the deck.

I HATE the sound of the stock system and already changed them to polk 5.25's and it still sucks. My Goldwing was so loud I could hear it clearly with a full face on.

[QUOTE=Dieago62;642177]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
Is there enough room to use the Harley adapters (5.25 to 6.5) and mount the speaker in behind the fairing?

Anyone install an aftermarket deck instead?[/QUOTE

I know of the adapters you speak of but not sure but don't think they will
I do have 6 3/4 speakers in mine though. PO cut my openings but you cant tell with grills on but he really did some hacking away at them I cleaned his mess up! I have a set of polk 6.5 I had in there but took them out and installed Alpine's and they sound so much better then the polks. We installed a set of Alpine non marine in my friends street glide over a year ago and had no issues yet and we've ridden in some downpours!!! At the volume we run with amps going 75mph Im pretty sure the rubber surrounds will give up way before h20 gets them because Ive already blown the cones on one pair! but at 100.00 every few years so what I think

Old 10-06-2015, 11:34 PM   #34

Why not add an amp if your complaint is lack of volume?

VBA Member # 02057

Old 10-07-2015, 11:16 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlock View Post
Why not add an amp if your complaint is lack of volume?
He speaks fact if you don't have an amp Your just spinning your wheels. I'm amped up!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-07-2015, 06:30 PM   #36

I am amped up also. Pretty happy for now with polk's 5 1/4 and Clarion amp.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:18 AM   #37

I have the Rockford Fosgate 300 amp but I didn't bother connecting it to the original crappy speakers. I wanted to wait until I could upgrade the speakers but didn't want to settle for the 5-1/4" so I designed an adapter. Now I need to take the fairing back off so I can connect the amp to these!!

After several revisions it can now mount several different speakers but here it is shown with the Infinity m612's.

Old 10-22-2015, 03:03 PM   #38

are the factory speakers 2 or 4 ohm. The guy from cycle sounds just asked me that and I have no idea

Old 11-27-2015, 01:02 PM   #39
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo1966 View Post
are the factory speakers 2 or 4 ohm. The guy from cycle sounds just asked me that and I have no idea
4 ohms

On the 1500, too much to list.

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Power Commander 5 and Ivan-ized ECU
Chuckster's BAK
Aux Audio adapter with bluetooth receiver.
Mustang 2 up Touring Seat w/ driver and passenger backrest
Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs.
Kawasaki 12 volt charger
Longer 1600 meanstreak SE kickstand
Full LED Daymaker light mod.

Old 01-02-2016, 11:28 AM   #40

RANDY....it looks like the grills are kinda chrome lookin, are they?, that and I think they are the best lookin grills I have seen. I have lotsa chrome doo dads on my skoot and am lookin for speakers with chrome grills but sad that the cones are blue. does anyone know of chrome grilled speakers with just a black, o in my case red cones?

THANX
RACNRAY

Old 01-02-2016, 05:34 PM   #41

The grills on the Infinitys are chrome. I only know them to come with the blue speakers as well. I have seen a couple guys mount these on red Vaqs and they look pretty good.

Red with chrome would look pretty sweet though! If you are willing to go without the Marine rating (probably not a good idea in FLA) the options open up a light. Someone even makes lighted speakers - at least in blue, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post
RANDY....it looks like the grills are kinda chrome lookin, are they?, that and I think they are the best lookin grills I have seen. I have lotsa chrome doo dads on my skoot and am lookin for speakers with chrome grills but sad that the cones are blue. does anyone know of chrome grilled speakers with just a black, o in my case red cones?

THANX
RACNRAY

Old 01-05-2016, 06:04 PM   #42

Kicker makes LED lighted speakers in marine grade, I have them on mine with the adapter. You can actually get a remote that allows you to cycle through a bunch of colours, I just wired mine up to have blue LED when the ignition is on.
(Canadian Veteran Freedom Riders)
2010 VN1700 Voyager, ABS
www.cvfr.ca
VBA #02220

Old 01-05-2016, 10:34 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
Kicker makes LED lighted speakers in marine grade, I have them on mine with the adapter. You can actually get a remote that allows you to cycle through a bunch of colours, I just wired mine up to have blue LED when the ignition is on.
Can you make them stay any single color? A few guys have asked about red speaker cones. What colors are the cones in daylight?

Old 01-06-2016, 12:20 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioVoyager View Post
Can you make them stay any single color? A few guys have asked about red speaker cones. What colors are the cones in daylight?
Yes, they give the choice of over 7 colours I believe as you can connect two colours together to give a blend, I have mine on blue, they have blue, red, green and one other. The remote is an option that you have to buy, I just leave mine on blue all the time. Cone colour is greyish I think, bike is tucked away for hibernation so not easy to see right now.
(Canadian Veteran Freedom Riders)
2010 VN1700 Voyager, ABS
www.cvfr.ca
VBA #02220

Old 01-06-2016, 03:37 PM   #45

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...41KM84LCW.html

2006 Nomad 1600 "Big Irish"
BatWing Fairing
12" KST Mayhem Dresser Bars
Demon Cycle Mirrors
Tunes supplied by Pioneer and Polk
Exhaust courtesy of Vance and Hines and Big City Thunder