Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #31

I don't see a problem with his comment at all. Its nice to have a choice when purchasing stuff.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by recumbentbob View Post
Please explain the air temp sensor relocation. I have an 08 Nomad with Joe's dual plate intake would this be beneficial.
I got this mod from Racnray. He also moved his airtemp sensor. It is located in the airbox on the 1700's. I added about a foot on wire to get it to the front of the bike to be able to read actual air temp not heated up airbox temp. Mind you my bike is stock. They run lean. Racnray has performance mods and i talked to him on the phone and he was running to rich after the airtemp relocate. So with the dual plate did that richen up your mixture. If it did you may run to rich with this mod. heres 2 pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00873.jpg (89.4 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00874.jpg (94.4 KB, 157 views)

Old 05-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #33

Great mod, excellent customer service, fantastic communication and a hell of a nice guy. Wish I lived near him for service. Thanks again Ray!!

Old 05-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringadingh View Post
I don't see a problem with his comment at all. Its nice to have a choice when purchasing stuff.
Obviously we see it differently...

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 05-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacarriker View Post
did the throttle mod. Amazing! Like a completely different bike in the way it tunes the throttle in. Great control and no lag. I am really impressed. If you have a voyager and it has not had the throttle modified and you want to deal with it, do the mod. Whether you get it from ray or some where else just do the job because it is amazing. Improves ridability dramatically. Total control! Thanks ray!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramdam1 View Post
great mod, excellent customer service, fantastic communication and a hell of a nice guy. Wish i lived near him for service. Thanks again ray!!
thanx guys...much appreciated...enjoy!!

Racnray

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #36

Hi Ray,

Wanted to thank you again for the throttle modification. Amazing the difference in performance. Much appreciated. !

For those that live in Canada, Ray does not ship to Canada, however, I utlitized CBI USA just over the border. Got Ray to ship there, and picked it up several days later. Very easy to use.

Thanks again Ray ! I've suggested to a bunch of people up here in Ontario, and I hope they take full advantage of it!
Wompus Rack
(Quick disconnect tourpak - for those rare occasion's when the wife rides)
Avon Grips with Racnray Throttle Mod!

Old 07-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #37

Your not to far away from me, good to hear that your happy with the purchase. I don't know why some places don't want to ship to Canada, can't figure that one out.
Ive used CBI a few times myself, its a great service.

VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 07-02-2012, 11:16 PM   #38

Even closer to you when I go to work. Work at the regional building on Yonge.....small world!
Wompus Rack
(Quick disconnect tourpak - for those rare occasion's when the wife rides)
Avon Grips with Racnray Throttle Mod!

Old 07-03-2012, 06:54 AM   #39

We'll have to meet up for a coffee one day.

VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 07-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by quad_hunter View Post
Hi Ray,

Wanted to thank you again for the throttle modification. Amazing the difference in performance. Much appreciated. !

For those that live in Canada, Ray does not ship to Canada, however, I utlitized CBI USA just over the border. Got Ray to ship there, and picked it up several days later. Very easy to use.

Thanks again Ray ! I've suggested to a bunch of people up here in Ontario, and I hope they take full advantage of it!
THANK YOU SIR...i really appreciate the review and even more so the recommendations to other Vulcan owners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringadingh View Post
Your not to far away from me, good to hear that your happy with the purchase. I don't know why some places don't want to ship to Canada, can't figure that one out.
Ive used CBI a few times myself, its a great service.
I WANT to ship directly to Canada, but found out there are FOUR customs forms i must fill out to do so for each shipment. Most of the time here at the shop I am, as my dad use to say,"runnin around like a chicken with it's head cut off". I just don't have the time as my responsibilities are just too numerous. This is one dis-advantage of being a 2 man shop.

RACNRAY

Old 07-04-2012, 12:21 AM   #41

I did a throttle modification to one of my old GSX-R's by cutting a piece of PVC pipe that was the same width as the throttle cable track on the throttle tube and just fit over the top of the throttle tube, tapered off the ends...then super glued it and countersunk two small screws on either end of it, which in turn slightly enlarged the circumfrence of the throttle cable track. Can anyone who has had the modification done, tell me if this is what's being done?
Downed Bikers Association#1063

Old 07-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
I did a throttle modification to one of my old GSX-R's by cutting a piece of PVC pipe that was the same width as the throttle cable track on the throttle tube and just fit over the top of the throttle tube, tapered off the ends...then super glued it and countersunk two small screws on either end of it, which in turn slightly enlarged the circumfrence of the throttle cable track. Can anyone who has had the modification done, tell me if this is what's being done?

Ray's mod is a highly guarded secret.
It may be rumor but I heard you have to sign an agreement to never divulge what is actually done.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 07-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
It's the same thing....only different
2011 Vaquero-sold

Old 07-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post

Ray's mod is a highly guarded secret.
It may be rumor but I heard you have to sign an agreement to never divulge what is actually done.
YEP....plus having the agreement notarized with ten witnesses and recorded at the local courthouse!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcruizer View Post
It's the same thing....only different
LOL!!

Old 07-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #45

The secret to Rays mod is this:
PFM
Pure Friggin Magic