Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #31
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
Check them out here: http://www.kawasaki.com/DigitalCatal...book/view.html

Page 12-13... I'm using the iPod adapter as well, it's a simple plug and play connection, the Vaquero has the wiring harness connector in the left pocket of the fairing. There's 2 different connectors, depending on what model of iPod/device you have.
Wowee! Fifteen whole pages of accessories?
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
Wowee! Fifteen whole pages of accessories?
Yep, there's no Chinese made officially licensed t-shirts, or key chains, or bar and shield underwear, or anything else that doesn't have to do with the actual motorcycling experience... That's left for the Milwaukee based make-believe...

Oh, I forgot, speaking of accessories and whatnot...

Why do Harley riders need to have chrome on all their parts?

It makes them easier to spot on the side of the road....

heh

Last edited by DarkStar; 04-25-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
Love my Vaquero with all the mods (they are listed below in my sig line),
Oil is not a mod............
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Old 04-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #34
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Yep, there's no Chinese made officially licensed t-shirts, or key chains, or bar and shield underwear, or anything else that doesn't have to do with the actual motorcycling experience... That's left for the Milwaukee based make-believe...

heh
Too bad you really don't know what you're talking about. There aren't tshirts or key chains or cat collars in the HD P&A book, just 850 pages of parts and accessories. There's more than 15 pages of nothing but seats.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 04-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #35

Quote:

heh
You forgot the real reason . . . makes those parts easier to spot when they fall off. It's a built in safety feature.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #36
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Hi Cheriann, it's been a while since I've seen you here. Welcome back !
I know you were kicking around the idea of getting a Nomad a while back. I think I even remember sending you Nomads off of Craigslist for you to consider.
So now you've decided on the Vaquero eh. What a great looking bike. From everything I've read it's a solid ride and I haven't heard anyone say,....
"I don't really like it" What's not to like! If I had the money and could still keep my Nomad, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. As I remember, your husband pulls a trailer for the two of you {but I'm sure his stuff fits in his saddle bags.}
So you don't really need the Voyager with the tour pack. I think the Vaquero has pretty much all the same bells and whistles if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure you're going love it ! Let us know how you/"hubby" makes out and be sure to post a picture of you and the bike. Don't be such a stranger and stay in touch here. We have a ton of new members now but a lot of the old faces are still around.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 04-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #37

Scott, sometimes I think you forget your on a Kawasaki forum
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 04-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
Too bad you really don't know what you're talking about. There aren't tshirts or key chains or cat collars in the HD P&A book, just 850 pages of parts and accessories. There's more than 15 pages of nothing but seats.
Life is way too short to take seriously...

Old 04-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
Scott, sometimes I think you forget your on a Kawasaki forum
My number one reason for not buying HD is my ego isn't big enough. Definitely not enough to waste on non-believers. ;)

BTW jokes are jokes
formerly 2005 Nomad - black/silver

Old 04-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #40
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Life is way too short to take seriously...
I don't take it seriously. I can take kidding as well as anyone, but I get pissed when people just make sh*t up. Facts are facts, the Vaquero accessory catalog is 15 pages long. I'm not making that up.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Old 04-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #41

92% of all statistics are made up anyhow.
formerly 2005 Nomad - black/silver

Old 04-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy View Post
Hi Cheriann, it's been a while since I've seen you here. Welcome back !
I know you were kicking around the idea of getting a Nomad a while back. I think I even remember sending you Nomads off of Craigslist for you to consider.
So now you've decided on the Vaquero eh. What a great looking bike. From everything I've read it's a solid ride and I haven't heard anyone say,....
"I don't really like it" What's not to like! If I had the money and could still keep my Nomad, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. As I remember, your husband pulls a trailer for the two of you {but I'm sure his stuff fits in his saddle bags.}
So you don't really need the Voyager with the tour pack. I think the Vaquero has pretty much all the same bells and whistles if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure you're going love it ! Let us know how you/"hubby" makes out and be sure to post a picture of you and the bike. Don't be such a stranger and stay in touch here. We have a ton of new members now but a lot of the old faces are still around.
Hi Ricky! Thank you for remembering me!!!
You're right...I dreamed and drooled of owning a Nomad for the past few years. The money wasn't right at the time. Now we have a chance financially to do this, but now I have more choices!!!! I really like the Vaquero...besides, Chaz is secretly hoping I will think it is too much bike for me and trade him the Vaquero for his Nomad!!! NO WAY!!

Oh, and you are correct....he pulls a trailer behind his Nomad for MY luggage, so I don't need the Voyager extras!!!

Old 04-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #43

Hey CJ

I know you are a big fan of the HD endless accessories because you mention it frequently but I guess I am wondering what the value in that really is?

Any time I have needed a part or accessory for my Nomad I have been able to find or get it easily so I don't see the advantage to the expansive HD catalog? If I needed parts every day or week maybe it would be an issue but buying a few a year is easy.

Now maybe there is a bunch of stuff I don't want or need but if I want chrome, bigger windshields, horns, seats, accessory mounts, lowers, fender bibbs, emblems, lights, clocks, white walls, backrests, gauges, fuel processors, exhaust pipes, trunks, cruise control, replacement parts, etc for my Nomad they can all be found with a couple clicks. They may not be in one neat little catalog but they are easy to find. I assume many of the HD parts still need to be ordered and obviously most of them are made by someone other than HD and HD just puts their name on them...So why is the catalog such a big feature?

I know you have owned both a Nomad and an HD so you have experience with both. Not looking for comparison in the bikes because they are different price points.

Everytime you bring up the accessory issue I just scratch my head and ask "why is that such a big deal?". So I guess I need to ask you the question.
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 04-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #44

Can't really add anything already said, but just wanted to give another endorsement from a happy Vaquero owner. Good luck and ENJOY your new ride!

VBA #01898

Old 04-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4bob View Post
Can't really add anything already said, but just wanted to give another endorsement from a happy Vaquero owner. Good luck and ENJOY your new ride!
Thank you! By the way, have you replaced the stock seat, or do you find it comfortable enough?