Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldridgekennedy View Post
I could not be happier with my 2011 vaquero. before that i rode a nomad and a 900.

Like others, i put a new windscreen on (and i added a few extras fro my wife like the passenger floorboards).

I use my bike for an everyday commuter and trips on weekends. I am very pleased with it in all the roles its called on to play.

Oh boy! A former 900 owner too!!!! As much as I always wanted to make the trade earlier for a Nomad, I'm kinda glad to have the option for the sportier Vaquero now. I'm happy that you are pleased with it!!! Now I'm getting excited to get one....Thank you!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fox View Post
i love my vaquero and as others stated......a taller windshield is a must. i will also add the ipod cable for the left glove box. i personally do not listen to the radio that much as i do my ipod. hope this helps and good luck with the purchase.
Thank you! I am used to listening to my ipod now on my 900. I think I would be interested in doing that too! Does the radio have that hookup already, or are you adding it?

Old 04-25-2012, 11:37 AM   #18

Pros: That bike is hot! That bike is cool! And, the blue is sweet & will go well w/your eyes.

Cons:I don't have one.

VBA #01922

Last edited by Pitchinguy; 04-25-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheriann View Post
Thank you! I am used to listening to my ipod now on my 900. I think I would be interested in doing that too! Does the radio have that hookup already, or are you adding it?

Check them out here: http://www.kawasaki.com/DigitalCatal...book/view.html

Page 12-13... I'm using the iPod adapter as well, it's a simple plug and play connection, the Vaquero has the wiring harness connector in the left pocket of the fairing. There's 2 different connectors, depending on what model of iPod/device you have.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by quad_hunter View Post
I too just love my Vaquero. Like others replaced the windshield right away with a Cee Bailey 9". If your making a deal, try and get them to throw in the aux. driving lights for free, and while they got it apart they might as well throw in aux. cig. lighter plug. Other then that, enjoy and don't be afraid to pull the trigger.
9" Cee Bailey is what I put on too. I got the dark smoke (not black) tint. They have an array of sizes, and will make it custom to you if you ask. Great product though

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #21

Just to save you some time here's what Ray sent me regarding his throttle mod . . .

HELLO...here is info on how to obtain the mod. If you have any questions send me a pm or call the shop 954-455-9665.

RAY

HEY GUYS...

I have been gettin enuff requests for my quick turn throttle mod for the 1600/1700/2000 Vulcans that i have decided to produce these and offer them for sale.

I checked Kawi's part numbers and my mod fits ALL years 1700 and 2000 Vulcans and 2008 1600 Nomad. There may be other Vulcans this mod will fit, i will have to have samples to see. The OEM Kawi part # for the grip is 46019-1109 so please double check the part nmbr for your skoot. This mod IS APPLICABLE to Kuryakyn AND avon grips. If you are considering changing grips at the same time i can supply your choice of grips already modified. Let me know and i can supply pricing. This mod can be performed on Kuryakyn and Avon grips.

ANYWAYS....i have one stock throttle in stock already modded, and i'll try to have at least one more ready to go. I will be setting up an ordering process as follows...

You send me your throttle tube/grip, i will mod it and send it back, cost will be $59.00 PLUS the cost of ground shipping via USPS to the 50 states only. I only ship via usps due to convienence, but they have already lost 2 throttle grips. I suggest that you ship your grip and i will only be shipping back via "insured and signature required".

If you DO NOT want your skoot down waiting for the throttle, then you can order a tube from me. I will ship it out asap, you will then ship your tube to me. A core charge" will be charged in the amount of $47.00 in addition to the $59.00 at the time of order (this is to cover my cost in replacing the tube if i don't get one back). When i recieve your GOOD USABLE grip back i will credit back your card $42.00 ($47.00 less $5.00 service charge).

If i recieve a damaged core that i cannot use, then i will not be able to refund the core charge.If I don't reieve a grip back in 15 days, there will be an additional $5.00 service charge. If I DO NOT recieve a grip back in 30 days, the core charge is forfeited.

SO...i hope i have not confused anyone as i felt it was necessary to offer two types of ordering. Any one wanting quicker than ground service will be charged accordingly.

This is a simple mod to perform, some mechanical experience is necessary for proper installation, i will be glad to offer technical support over the phone. No other mods are needed, no tuning ,etc. Acceleration will be improved, especially in the lower rpm/throttle position areas.

I hope this pm finds everyone well and hungry for more MOJO, I was very happy with the improvement on my skoot.

You may call me directly at the shop...954-455-9665,
Tue-Fri 9-6:30 (closed for lunch 2-3 pm) and Sat 9-3 all day, Florida time.

VISA,M/C,DISCOVER,AM/EX accepted.

THANX ALL
RACNRAY

Old 04-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #22

Love my Vaquero with all the mods (they are listed below in my sig line), also, would recommend the throttle mod so the throttle and bike are more responsive, which I have now also done, and wow, is all I can say, best bike I have ever own overall and I have owned many bikes since I was 16 and am now 64.

Roadie
2011 Vaquero
"Magia Negra"
Black is Faster

Amsoil Oil
TLC Bag Liners
PH Custom Bag Bras
Power Commander V
Cobra Tri-Oval SlipOns
Thunder Tornado Air Kit
Madcorider Oil Tempstick
Marvellas Trailer Hitch Kit
Rumbling Pride Flag Mounts
Sage Brush Leather Tank Bib
Grasshopper Drivers Backrest
Classic's Engine/Road Bar Chaps
Cee Bailey's 9" Smoked Windscreen

4 Wheels Move the Body ..... 2 Wheels Move the Soul

Old 04-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #23

I have about 9,000 miles on my Vaquero and I still get a thrill when I get a chance to fire it up and hit the road. Over the year I have had my Vaquero I have tinkered with it adding things here and there for performance and looks just because that is what I like to do. I looked at the Victory and the Harley's and I just love the looks of the Vaquero. I came from an 800 Suzuki and was looking for something that could handle the highway better and I found it. This bike can cruise down the highway like a stroll in the park. Good luck with your purchase.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #24

Yea Vaquero!!

People ask me how do I like my Vaquero, all i have to do is show them my mileage.

Here is my mileage on the day i owned my V for one year...

NUFF SAID!!

RACNRAY

Old 04-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchinguy View Post
Pros: That bike is hot! That bike is cool! And, the blue is sweet & will go well w/your eyes.

Cons:I don't have one.
LOL!!! Aw shucks.... *blushing* ........thank you!!!!!!
I looked at a picture online of the blue and WOW! It is gorgeous! Can't wait to see it in person!!!!

Old 04-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
Check them out here: http://www.kawasaki.com/DigitalCatal...book/view.html

Page 12-13... I'm using the iPod adapter as well, it's a simple plug and play connection, the Vaquero has the wiring harness connector in the left pocket of the fairing. There's 2 different connectors, depending on what model of iPod/device you have.
First of all, THANK YOU FOR THAT LINK!!! I haven't seen that yet!!! Really shows you everything you can get!!!!
Next, I am thrilled with the setup, and will have to buy that ipod kit!!!!

Last edited by cheriann; 04-25-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestephens View Post
9" Cee Bailey is what I put on too. I got the dark smoke (not black) tint. They have an array of sizes, and will make it custom to you if you ask. Great product though
Okay....I have a confession....after reading this, along with the others, I ran right over to their web site and ordered it already!!!! I hope I didn't jinx myself!!!!!! LOL!

Thanks for the complete information on the throttle fix!!! I will want that for sure!!!

Old 04-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
Love my Vaquero with all the mods (they are listed below in my sig line), also, would recommend the throttle mod so the throttle and bike are more responsive, which I have now also done, and wow, is all I can say, best bike I have ever own overall and I have owned many bikes since I was 16 and am now 64.
WOW! That's a strong recommendation!!!! Thank you so much!!!!
I am getting so excited now....

Old 04-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmast View Post
I have about 9,000 miles on my Vaquero and I still get a thrill when I get a chance to fire it up and hit the road. Over the year I have had my Vaquero I have tinkered with it adding things here and there for performance and looks just because that is what I like to do. I looked at the Victory and the Harley's and I just love the looks of the Vaquero. I came from an 800 Suzuki and was looking for something that could handle the highway better and I found it. This bike can cruise down the highway like a stroll in the park. Good luck with your purchase.
Thanks!!! I was actually looking at the Victory too. I was torn between the two...then I decided I liked the Vaquero better...sounds like I made the best choice!!!!

Old 04-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post
People ask me how do I like my Vaquero, all i have to do is show them my mileage.

Here is my mileage on the day i owned my V for one year...

NUFF SAID!!

RACNRAY
I LOVE this picture!!!!! You're right, it says it all!!!!! Thank you for sharing that with me!!!!

I can't wait to get my new Vaquero now....and I will be contacting you as soon as I do!!!!! :-)