Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 08-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by toga View Post
ray,
send me a pm with the details.

And my bike has been at the shop since monday with the backfiring and popping issue - informed them of your fixes and still waiting for them to get it done. At this point, since it is still under warranty, i am at the mercy of the motorcycle factory.

Thanks,
toga
pm sent...hope they can get it all figured out for ya.

THANX
RACNRAY

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by RACNRAY; 08-21-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #17

Hi Ray,

Can you PM me the info on your mod as well?

Thanks,

Steve

Old 08-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoyette View Post
hi ray,

can you pm me the info on your mod as well?

Thanks,

steve
pm sent

THANX

RACNRAY

Old 08-27-2013, 10:47 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post
pm sent

THANX

RACNRAY
Pm sent to you.
David

Old 08-29-2013, 07:57 PM   #20

Send a message via Yahoo to Hammy
id like it toooooo

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-30-2013, 09:47 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy View Post
id like it toooooo
pm sent

THANX

RACNRAY

Old 09-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #22

Just installed the RACNRAY throttle kit. That's the best mod. so far should have been the first and maybe wouldn't have spent all this money on these other mods. ,NOT TRUE! Thanks Ray !
The Chuckster risers went on easy enough but had to shim and move the fairing forward to keep the bars from hitting the fairing with the bars in the correct location.
Got a question for anybody with V&H slip-ons. Do your pipes had the V&H logo on both ends? My pipes have the logo on just the left pipe if your looking from the rear. And also again looking from the rear my left pipe has louver baffles facing toward the rear and the right pipe louvers are facing toward the front, is this normal? V&H wanted me to send them pics of both these questions I had but haven't heard back from them.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #23

GLAD TO HEAR of the improvements...ENJOY! and good luck on the issue with the s/ons.

RACNRAY

Old 09-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #24

Thumbs Up Thank you one and all!

First; as a rider who took a 40+ year hiatus, the forum is a God send of useful info. Second; the patience and generosity of those who provide the results of "studies" and "improvements" they have done is amazing. RACNRAY is a prime example of this.

Based on the positive responses that I read regarding Ray's throttle fix I had to do more research to find more info. After exhaustive searching thru this and other forums I concluded Ray and his fix are the real deal. I received the modded Kury ISO grips from Ray on Sat. and installed them on Sun. As often stated before, it was an easy install. The result; FANTASTIC! Thanks Ray!

Ed
2010 Voyager
Puget Sound region, WA

Old 09-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #25

THANK YOU SIR...was good talking to you also.

ENJOY!!

RACNRAY

Old 09-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #26
Advanced Member

Hi Ray, I plan on picking up your grips in the spring (its on my "To-do" list), but I have to ask a question. There have been quite a few posts on there with the DIY version of a throttle mod for this bike, can you share any thoughts on those? Don't get me wrong, it appears you have certainly done your homework beyond slapping a zip tie around the throttle, but I am only asking because I assume I am getting a real product from you instead of something made from the end of a pool que & some duct tape, can you explain how yours is made? Is it a new machined end?

thanks!

Old 10-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0vationdave View Post
Hi Ray, I plan on picking up your grips in the spring (its on my "To-do" list), but I have to ask a question. There have been quite a few posts on there with the DIY version of a throttle mod for this bike, can you share any thoughts on those? Don't get me wrong, it appears you have certainly done your homework beyond slapping a zip tie around the throttle, but I am only asking because I assume I am getting a real product from you instead of something made from the end of a pool que & some duct tape, can you explain how yours is made? Is it a new machined end?

thanks!
Your assumption is correct, this is a real product so to speak, professionally manufactured. The intial developement was performed on my Vaquero on my dyno, and is specifically for the 1700's. I have incorporated a few improvements since the first one I made for my skoot.

THANX

RACNRAY

Old 10-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #28
Advanced Member

Thanks, after taking my first trip, its definitely on my list of improvements.
Rockford Fosgate Punch PEQ Equalizer
Garmin Nuvi 4555 GPS Unit
Kawasaki Aux Light Kit
Ipod Kit w/4th Gen Ipod
Laam Custom Seat w/modified Backrest
Avon Grips w/RACNRAY's mod
Aluminum Mirror Risers
Clearview Large Windshield
Chuckster Trailer Hitch
12v accessory plug
VROC Member #36236

"I have not failed, I just found 10,000 ways that won't work" - Thomas A. Edison

Old 12-28-2013, 11:05 PM   #29

Purchased my new Avon grips from RACNRAY with throttle mod for my 2011 Vaquero a month or so ago. Finally had a chance to install. Wish I had done this mod sooner. Vaq has 16k miles but only about 2.5K miles are mine. Vaq is performance stock with exception of V&H slip-ons with Smartpartz quiet baffles and now the RACNRAY throttle mod. I have only been able to ride once for a 25 mile round trip since the install but noticed an improvement immediately as far as throttle response and low speed throttle control. i.e reduction in jerking in low gear. I also have not noticed as much popping in exhaust. Not sure if throttle mod made the difference or cable adjustment as a result of the mod install or if a direct result of ambient temperature (50F) allowed for cooler engine & exhaust temps. Time and more rides will tell. I plan to tweak throttle cable adjustment a bit to see if there is even more improvement to be gained by this mod. BTW while taking off the throttle assembly from the handlebar, the heads your OEM screws gall-out as mine did, be gentle with the rubber mallet while setting the ease-out tool. If you get heavy handed as I did you will shear the alignment pin on the throttle assembly housing. A replacement housing costs about $230! I could not wait any longer to ride so I did not replace the throttle assembly, yet. I did choose to engineer a temporary repair/replacement for the alignment pin that seems to be working... so far. I did also install hex head screws in throttle assembly as replacements for OEM screws and used anti-seize on threads. Thanks Ray for all your help and for providing a product that works!!
VBA #02328
Previous:
Vulcan 750
Yamaha 400 Enduro
'74 Honda CL 350 (since new, still got it)
Sears minibike

Old 12-29-2013, 09:43 AM   #30

The alignment pin is really not needed. I cut mine off on both sides, so I could adjust the switch housings angle to my liking . I have done this to all my bikes that had them.