Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-15-2011, 05:28 PM   #31
Mega-Contributor

Throttle Modification For Nomad,Vaquero, Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat (TC)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
Oh, now why did you have to go and say that? They laughed at Galileo, they laughed at Nikola Tesla, people mock what they don't understand. ::)
I just had to look it up.

Because of his eccentric personality and his seemingly unbelievable and sometimes bizarre claims about possible scientific and technological developments, Tesla was ultimately ostracized and regarded as a mad scientist by many late in his life. Tesla died with little money at the age of 86 in a hotel suite in New York City.
Tesla invented a lot of things. He was Thomas Edison's nemesis. Tesla advocated using alternating current for electrical power transmission, Edison pushed for direct current. Guess who won?
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-15-2011, 06:10 PM   #32

I agree with Scott that if you want to sell your mod you should have said so in the same post. We have had spammers in the past that sounded a like like what we were reading. I don't doubt you worked hard on the idea, but KawaNow is a forum that allows us to talk about and share our ideas on working on our bikes and most of us share those tips and ideas freely. We have a Tech section here that lists p/ns, schematics, and other info that allows a lot of the DIY crowd to work on there own bikes. If you want to sell your idea thats your choice, but it just seemed to be clouded in a cloak of secrecy. Others here that offer a product for sale have no problem showing it and answering any questions about it.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 09-15-2011, 07:29 PM   #33

Ray, PM sent.

Oldest Saloon In Nevada
http://www.pioneersaloon.info/

"Sin City Stan"
Henderson, NV
VBA #01004
VROC #29365
2004 Nomad 1500L5 +100 "The Bike"
2009 Nomad 1700 (past)
2004 Vulcan Classic 800 (past)
2010 Cortez - 2011 Crescent City - 2012 Kanab - 2013 Estes Park

Old 09-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #34
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

Again not to make it a personal issue but the intro into this thread is copied verbatim on that link posted and a "thank you" from the "inventor" on both sites.

When KawaNOW members come up with an idea, they play it to the crowd. Like, "Have any of you with a 1700 notice that the off idle response is not what you want it to be? Well I'm working on a permanent solution because I believe it's doable."

Then those on board that have an issue with that problem interest's would have been peaked. sort of like Nomad pinging issues got all of our attention. Then someone developed the TFI explained how it worked and sold thousands!

Going to multiple sites with the same quote with a setup man and the answer isn't the best marketing strategy. It's too "Billy Mays'ish" JMHO

I don't know maybe it's all the spam email Todd gets trying to get him to purchase pecker enlargement pills.

Sorry todd, ur ol lady's been yackin'

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 09-15-2011, 10:05 PM   #35
Sr. Contributor

[quote=Top Cat (TC) ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Top Cat (TC) ":le7w21db
I think it is a secret.
He has a mod he wants to keep to himself so no one else can do it.
That way you have to go to him to have it done.

It only works on 1700's.
That's what I have gotten from the posts so far.
I have a 1600 so I don't really care.
I really don't know what the problem is with my above post. ???
I see no criticism there. I basically said the same thing CJ said only I am not as eloquent. I just put it out there like I see it.
The guy did all the R&D and fabricating and wants to profit from that, that is fine with me. That is how the system is supposed to work.
If anyone read criticism into that, I am sorry.
I have a 1600 so there is nothing here for me to see, moving on
[/quote:le7w21db]

Nothing.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-15-2011, 10:06 PM   #36
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
I thought I was defending Racnray? ???
You and BD were on the money.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Old 09-15-2011, 10:07 PM   #37
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Oh, now why did you have to go and say that? They laughed at Galileo, they laughed at Nikola Tesla, people mock what they don't understand. ::)
And you have an american bike. Can you imagine if it was german? ::)
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 09-15-2011, 10:08 PM   #38
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat (TC)
Quote:
I just had to look it up.

Because of his eccentric personality and his seemingly unbelievable and sometimes bizarre claims about possible scientific and technological developments, Tesla was ultimately ostracized and regarded as a mad scientist by many late in his life. Tesla died with little money at the age of 86 in a hotel suite in New York City.
Edison screwed Tesla, but that is another story.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 09-16-2011, 12:19 AM   #39

Wasn't Tesla recently given credit for inventing the radio before Marconi?

Old 09-16-2011, 12:59 AM   #40

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC

I already twist my throttle to hard now. Next mod is gonna be for better mpg's.

Did somebody mention Scotch earlier ???

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 09-16-2011, 06:45 AM   #41
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead

As long as it's Macallan.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 09-16-2011, 06:53 AM   #42
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Wasn't Tesla recently given credit for inventing the radio before Marconi?
Say that's not true.......
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 09-16-2011, 06:54 AM   #43
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead

I didn't hear that.....
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 09-16-2011, 08:40 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowndodge "Darksider"
Again not to make it a personal issue but the intro into this thread is copied verbatim on that link posted and a "thank you" from the "inventor" on both sites. When KawaNOW members come up with an idea, they play it to the crowd. Like, "Have any of you with a 1700 notice that the off idle response is not what you want it to be? Well I'm working on a permanent solution because I believe it's doable."

Then those on board that have an issue with that problem interest's would have been peaked. sort of like Nomad pinging issues got all of our attention. Then someone developed the TFI explained how it worked and sold thousands!

Going to multiple sites with the same quote with a setup man and the answer isn't the best marketing strategy. It's too "Billy Mays'ish" JMHO

I don't know maybe it's all the spam email Todd gets trying to get him to purchase pecker enlargement pills.

captj3 copied his post from the other site to save hinself time. I am sorry that this came across as anything other that what it really was...a customer describing his experience and results of a product, and i have and will always be grateful when someone makes the effort and takes the time to comment on their experiences with my shop, what we do, etc.

I was on the other site for quite some time and have a VERY extensive write up on the mods i have made to my Vaquero, so i was well known over there. I can't say how many thanx i have gotten and still get from members over there for my contributions of knowledge, and i am grateful for that. So when captj3 reported on his results it was met with approval not skeptisism. Not so here, but maybe this post can help clear things up and we can move on.

I am not a scammer nor do i have any ill intentions, and ANYTHING i offer here, knowledge gained from 35 years of working on motorcycles for a living is intended to help not hinder-PERIOD. If i offer something for sale it will ALWAYS offer an improvement as i will never decieve anyone. With that same 35 years i also have learned to protect myself as i too have been burned by others when i "let the cat outof the bag". My knowledge is free, my products and services are NOT!!

I ask all of you...is there room on this forum for me and what I may bring to the table? Might there be a benefit to the members here that i do my own research, developement, and every working day of my life has been working and learning about bikes? I was just getting started here and I hope to be as welcome here as i am everywhere else, regardless of how this thread has turned out.

RACNRAY

Old 09-16-2011, 08:45 AM   #45
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowndodge "Darksider"
Again not to make it a personal issue but the intro into this thread is copied verbatim on that link posted and a "thank you" from the "inventor" on both sites. When KawaNOW members come up with an idea, they play it to the crowd. Like, "Have any of you with a 1700 notice that the off idle response is not what you want it to be? Well I'm working on a permanent solution because I believe it's doable."

captj3 copied his post from the other site to save hinself time. I am sorry that this came across as anything other that what it really was...a customer describing his experience and results of a product, and i have and will always be grateful when someone makes the effort and takes the time to comment on their experiences with my shop, what we do, etc.

I was on the other site for quite some time and have a VERY extensive write up on the mods i have made to my Vaquero, so i was well known over there. I can't say how many thanx i have gotten and still get from members over there for my contributions of knowledge, and i am grateful for that. So when captj3 reported on his results it was met with approval not skeptisism. Not so here, but maybe this post can help clear things up and we can move on.

I am not a scammer nor do i have any ill intentions, and ANYTHING i offer here, knowledge gained from 35 years of working on motorcycles for a living is intended to help not hinder-PERIOD. If i offer something for sale it will ALWAYS offer an improvement as i will never decieve anyone. With that same 35 years i also have learned to protect myself as i too have been burned by others when i "let the cat outof the bag". My knowledge is free, my products and services are NOT!!

I ask all of you...is there room on this forum for me and what I may bring to the table? Might there be a benefit to the members here that i do my own research, developement, and every working day of my life has been working and learning about bikes? I was just getting started here and I hope to be as welcome here as i am everywhere else, regardless of how this thread has turned out.

RACNRAY
Sure, there's room for you here. I think things just kind of got off to a shaky start. Having said that...

Welcome to the forum from the Grand Canyon State!
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17