Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthEast Group

Old 08-10-2010, 09:04 AM   #1

Quiet here again post rally

Boy....we have gotten quiet here again. Hope all are doing well and getting chance to ride...I ride but .xilskdiei! it's hot and humid.
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #2

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC

Last week my son shot me in the hand with a framing nail gun. It was between the thumb and forefinger on my right hand. It missed bones and is healing nicely.

Thats all I have.

Oh and I can twist the throttle now.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 08-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #3

Boy you scared me when you started out saying you son shot you! Glad you're okay...did you need a tetanus shot?
Kawanow Member #23

Old 08-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #4

"did you need a tetanus shot?"

He can probably use a nurse, you know any?

Yea, it sure is quiet here. Not much riding in South Florida, way too hot and wet :( . Still I look forward to an early morning ride on a Sunday morning to keep the battery charged up.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe (mrfuni) #250
"did you need a tetanus shot?"

He can probably use a nurse, you know any?

Yea, it sure is quiet here. Not much riding in South Florida, way too hot and wet :( . Still I look forward to an early morning ride on a Sunday morning to keep the battery charged up.
Same here in N GA. I try to ride early until about noon before temp get into mid-90's. This is by far the warmest in the 8 years I've been in the mountains.

Mike need a nurse.....nay, just another bottle of Scotch!

Dick Campbell
Blairsville, GA
2008 Red & Black Nomad 1600
(retired)
2009 1900 Yamaha Stratoliner (retired)
2013 1900 Yamaha Stratoliner
2018 CanAm RT Limited Spyder (Sold)
2014 Goldwing Roadsmith Red Trike (Sold)
2019 Goldwing DCT Roadsmith Copper & Black Trike

VBA #243
Darkside #115
Patriot Guard Rider
American Legion Rider

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-11-2010, 12:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwind2
Boy you scared me when you started out saying you son shot you! Glad you're okay...did you need a tetanus shot?
I was current on the tetanus shot from the deer strike from last year, and I believe I had one for the deer strike about 7 or 8 months prior to that one. Then my memory gets fuzzy after that 'cause about a year before that I bashed the ever living "H" out of my finger in a machine, but I didn't get one then because a year or so before that I sliced my index finger to the bone and got ten or twelve stitches and a shot.

Anyway I heal fast. I have full use of my hand and the injury is looking good. I attribute that to keeping my blood/alcohol level high in order to combat infections and worms and also keeping current on tetanus shots.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 08-11-2010, 10:21 AM   #7
Sr. Contributor

[/quote]I was current on the tetanus shot from the deer strike from last year, and I believe I had one for the deer strike about 7 or 8 months prior to that one. Then my memory gets fuzzy after that 'cause about a year before that I bashed the ever living "H" out of my finger in a machine, but I didn't get one then because a year or so before that I sliced my index finger to the bone and got ten or twelve stitches and a shot.

Anyway I heal fast. I have full use of my hand and the injury is looking good. I attribute that to keeping my blood/alcohol level high in order to combat infections and worms and also keeping current on tetanus shots. [/quote]

I won't be standing next to you anywhere.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 08-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #8

I was current on the tetanus shot from the deer strike from last year, and I believe I had one for the deer strike about 7 or 8 months prior to that one. Then my memory gets fuzzy after that 'cause about a year before that I bashed the ever living "H" out of my finger in a machine, but I didn't get one then because a year or so before that I sliced my index finger to the bone and got ten or twelve stitches and a shot.

Anyway I heal fast. I have full use of my hand and the injury is looking good. I attribute that to keeping my blood/alcohol level high in order to combat infections and worms and also keeping current on tetanus shots. [/quote]

I won't be standing next to you anywhere.[/quote]

Actually, thats the best place to be. It seems like (most of the time) theres always a few around to witness the show and I'm always the star. I'm an entertaining kinda fellah. Oh I wish you could have seen the last deer strike show, it was midnight and an eight hundred pound paper weight is cartwheeling and spinning down the highway with lights and sparks everywhere.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 08-11-2010, 03:35 PM   #9
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead

Anyway I heal fast. I have full use of my hand and the injury is looking good. I attribute that to keeping my blood/alcohol level high in order to combat infections and worms and also keeping current on tetanus shots.
I won't be standing next to you anywhere.[/quote]

Quote:
Actually, thats the best place to be. It seems like (most of the time) theres always a few around to witness the show and I'm always the star. I'm an entertaining kinda fellah. Oh I wish you could have seen the last deer strike show, it was midnight and an eight hundred pound paper weight is cartwheeling and spinning down the highway with lights and sparks everywhere.
I seen it first!!! poor li'l deer had it's tongue hangin' out and everything....it was traumatic.....then that damn paperweight/nomad fell over on me tryin to get it up the hill Then I got interogated by an officer of the law about a firearm that I had no knowledge of (yet)....then I got yelled at for riding so late....it was around 10 btw.........and then I had to dodge crackheads in the hospital parking lot.....whew!!! ..then I got yelled at again for riding so late....... oh yeah, then there was you laying in the middle of the road trying to get to your bike to see if it was OK..............it was a tough night ::) ::) ::)

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 08-11-2010, 06:49 PM   #10

Mike .................your booboos remind me of a movie.......did you see that Patrick Swayze movie 'Roadhouse'. He was a bouncer for these wild bars. Got stabbed and when went to the doctor...doc was pointing to all the different scars..'he had a story for each one.' :-/

Todd................why didn't anybody yell at you for riding so late?
Kawanow Member #23

Old 08-11-2010, 06:55 PM   #11

Yep...the nice warm weather...as if helmet hair is not bad enough.....soaking wet sweaty helmet hair..... :-/ blah

I have one of those cooling vest and even it did not help that much.....whew....felt better when I unzipped it and the wind was blowing on the wet t-shirt...yes I said wet t-shirt....didn't stay wet long ;)
Kawanow Member #23

Old 08-12-2010, 01:07 AM   #12

Oh, I forgot to mention if you're a deer, don't "F" with me when I'm riding. So far I'm 2 and 0.

I didn't know she got you for the late night riding hours. Every time I seen y'all together she was always correcting you for your misdeeds and misbehavior. Kinda likea Guardian Angel gently nudging you when you strayed from the path of righteousness. The man absolutely has no self control! Oh, and apparently it's a good idea not to mess with me if Kawgirls around. My son may have gotten his ass whipped had she been there seeing as how Todd got a screaming at.

All this time I've been riding around on a newer bike with new chaps and jacket. Got about 30 or 40 days after the rally of paid convalescence. And Todd gets cussed like a car that wont crank for it.
<marquee> </marquee>

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 08-12-2010, 01:12 AM   #13

Quote:
Yep...the nice warm weather...as if helmet hair is not bad enough.....soaking wet sweaty helmet hair..... :-/ blah

I have one of those cooling vest and even it did not help that much.....whew....felt better when I unzipped it and the wind was blowing on the wet t-shirt...yes I said wet t-shirt....didn't stay wet long ;)
Any picture?

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 08-12-2010, 01:32 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd (Nomadis Custodis)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead

I won't be standing next to you anywhere.

Quote:
I seen it first!!! poor li'l deer had it's tongue hangin' out and everything....it was traumatic.....then that damn paperweight/nomad fell over on me tryin to get it up the hill Then I got interogated by an officer of the law about a firearm that I had no knowledge of (yet)....then I got yelled at for riding so late....it was around 10 btw.........and then I had to dodge crackheads in the hospital parking lot.....whew!!! ..then I got yelled at again for riding so late....... oh yeah, then there was you laying in the middle of the road trying to get to your bike to see if it was OK..............it was a tough night ::) ::) ::)[/quote]

This is the first I heard about any firearm. ??? That explains the beating with night sticks and the strip search. I reckon they thought you didn't want to cooperate. Poor Todd, I was wondering why you didn't show at the regional rally.

My house burned down, the bike wont crank, there was a flood, my girlfriend showed up at the house PREGNANT! OH GOD DON'T MAKE ME GO!!!!!!!

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 08-12-2010, 06:57 PM   #15
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Boy....we have gotten quiet here again. Hope all are doing well and getting chance to ride...I ride but .xilskdiei! it's hot and humid.

SHHHHHHHHHHHH! don't wake anyone
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]