Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 02-14-2018, 12:51 PM   #1

Luverne lowering link question

Hi guys. I have recently purchased and installed the Luverne lowering links on my 2015 Vulcan Vaquero and I have a question about the install. The kit came with a spacer for the bag but I didn't like the look of it after the install. The shock absorber looks like it has enough clearance not to be rubbing on the bag without the spacer so I am wondering if it is really necessary to use it. Any feedback with your experience would be appreciated. Thank you.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-14-2018, 03:51 PM   #2

I didn't use the spacer and have had no problems. Hope this helps.
Auxillary Lights
Kuryakyn Longhorn Highway Pegs
Mustang Seat

VBA #: 3681

Old 02-15-2018, 01:06 PM   #3

Thanks 4Steeler. Good to know.

Old 03-06-2018, 01:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozkal View Post
Hi guys. I have recently purchased and installed the Luverne lowering links on my 2015 Vulcan Vaquero and I have a question about the install. The kit came with a spacer for the bag but I didn't like the look of it after the install. The shock absorber looks like it has enough clearance not to be rubbing on the bag without the spacer so I am wondering if it is really necessary to use it. Any feedback with your experience would be appreciated. Thank you.
We began including this spacer for the Vaquero with the kit a few years ago. We received a few reports of the inside of the left saddlebag rubbing on the shock. We received pictures of one that possibly would have rubbed through the bag if it hadn't been caught. In our testing and production we never ran into a bike that did this. When we kick the angle of the shock back, it no longer rides in the recessed area of the bag. We do know some bikes do and some don't. I unfortunately do not have a good explanation of why this is. We assume it's variables in the saddlebag support bracket. I do know it's impossible for us to determine which ones will or won't without being there for the installation. When installing it is difficult to tell if it's going to rub or not until you actually ride it and compress the suspension under real world conditions with weight in the bags etc... Therefore we felt our only option with liability being what it is would be to include it and recommend it with every kit. That is our official position. If you choose to not use the spacers we feel it probably isn't a big deal but it is your decision. Just keep your eye on the inside of the bag to ensure it's not rubbing and you'll be fine.
Any other questions please don't hesitate to contact me.
Thanks
Rick

Old 03-06-2018, 10:36 PM   #5

I hope you're not lost to the industry Rick... We always hope to find men such as yourself behind the counter when we go into a shop.

I'll always very much appreciate the help and information you provided me when I was looking for options to move my trunk back. Best of luck with wherever your career takes you.

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-07-2018, 07:25 PM   #6

Thanks Rick for the reply and the explanation. It definitely helps to receive feedback like this.

Old 03-13-2018, 03:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg View Post
I hope you're not lost to the industry Rick... We always hope to find men such as yourself behind the counter when we go into a shop.

I'll always very much appreciate the help and information you provided me when I was looking for options to move my trunk back. Best of luck with wherever your career takes you.
Thank you for the kind words! We've always enjoyed the camaraderie of the motorcycle family. Unfortunately bike sales nationwide are in the crapper. I'm thinking it's time to move on to bigger markets. That being said I want to reinforce that we have NO plans to discontinue our lowering link sales. Our sales volume continues to trend upward. The only thing that is going to change in the coming weeks is a new website to sell them, we need to get away from the Ebay fees (I don't want to raise the price even though our costs have gone up twice in the last 2 years) and a new name for them since Luverne Kawasaki is no more.
Anyone have any suggestions for a new name for the links?
Thanks again guys, Ride safe!

Old 03-13-2018, 05:14 PM   #8

I do not have a need for the Lowering links ,But I really appreciate a company and person that stands up and supports their product.

Thank you, for your support. And wish you luck on your future endeavors. Should they include my needs/ wants and desires I will feel comfortable giving you my money. Knowing it has support behind the product.

2016 1700 Vaquero 10/4/2016
2007 1500 Classic W/ Reckless Fairing, 42,000 miles
2004 600 Honda Shadow 18,000 miles
1989 500 Honda CX Custom 55,000 miles
1973 400 Kawi Triple 5,000 miles