Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rides/Trip Reports/Travel Information

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2017, 12:04 AM   #1

Mile Eater Silver

I bought the 2008 Nomad December 22, 2007. It wasn't too long afterwards I joined KawaNOW and it was a fantastic resource for information. It was a wilder bunch back then and I was eventually talked into being the Safety Riding Moderator. The VBA has grown considerably from the original roots of ten years ago.

Not having ridden for several years, 30 miles before needing a break from the saddle was a little discouraging. Eventually I worked up to a few hundred miles a day. Last year I was corrupted by Gene “Wanderer” and Bud “Idaho.” Maybe it was time for me to prove riding long distances were real. My first Iron Butt Association SaddleSore 1000 ride was in September 2016. After breaking the psychological barrier of 1,000 miles it became enjoyable. The Bun Burner GOLD, 1500 miles in 24 hrs., was a little tougher but not bad. Not paying attention I realized the Mile Eater Silver was possible in my first year of Iron Butt riding.

Gene and I have done the 50CC Quest, 50 hrs. Coast to Coast, along with a couple of other rides together. It’s been fun. Knowing I can be anyplace in the US in two days leaves more time to explore. Yet 70 miles from Ouray CO to Durango CO took eight and a half hours when I was enjoying the scenery. Nine long distance challenges have been completed so far. I’m working on the route to Jacksonville FL again in March. Maybe Why AZ to Why Not MS and Why Not NC to be different on my way to Florida. I have traveled to 37 states so far, the Northeast is on my to do list in the next couple of years.

The BMW K 1600 GTL I’m using now has been ridden over 23,000 miles since January. Whether 1,000 miles or 3,000 miles it’s just a number. “Plan your ride. Ride your plan.” Do something different outside the box rather than the same old ride.

I hope everyone has fun and enjoys their riding in the coming year.
2015 Red/Blk Cross Country Tour - sold
2008 Red/Blk Nomad - sold
KE7HG
VBA 00176, IBA 65686, MOA 211564

Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Maggie Valley '11|Kanab '12|Estes Park '13|Red Lodge '16|Custer '18

Login or Register to Remove Ads