Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 12-05-2016, 01:57 PM   #1

Shipping ECU from Canada to Ivans

For those of you from the great white north, did you have to pay duty to ship your ECU from Canada to Ivans? I'm on Canada Posts' website and it looks like I have to pay duty???? I could be wrong, but for those of you who have shipped please let know, and what did you select for your shipping method.

I could understand paying duty if I was purchasing or selling an item, but the ECU is simply going down for "Repairs" and coming back.

Thanks

Ron

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-05-2016, 02:44 PM   #2
Top Contributor

You may have to pay duty but several in Canada have stated that they did not.

PM sent.

Last edited by redjay; 12-05-2016 at 02:52 PM.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:48 PM   #3
Advanced Member

"Should" be okay but perhaps you should check with CBSA and not forum? Bottom line you are at the mercy of CBSA and their discretion.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:47 PM   #4

Should not be an issue IMO. Still free trade. I sent away a auto pilot for a boat down to Florida for repairs a number of years ago before free trade. Mark clearly on the customs declaration that is is being sent for repairs and have the recipient write returning item after repairs. Canada post is best option for sending and returning, even if there is no duty, they charge $5.00 ( maybe a bit more now ) for brokerage fees. UPS usually gouges and charges way more. In any event as stated above call Canada customs or email them and get the latest procedure from them.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 12-07-2016, 10:24 AM   #5
Advanced Member

If you read through earlier posts on this, the procedure is use Canada Post to send it, and Ivan returns it by USPS. This avoids the big brokerage fees charged by couriers but it will still be subject to duty coming back to Canada but they don't always charge it. Either way, take avantage of Ivan's 10% discount by getting it to him by dec 24.

Garry

2009 1700 Voyager KACT, sold at 679,465 kms
2011 1700 Nomad
Improve handling, suspension and tire life
with Garry's Fork Brace.
PM for details.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-13-2017, 08:37 PM   #6

Sent my ECU to Evan via Canada Post and he returned it USPS and there were no duty charges whatsoever.