Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-23-2016, 09:39 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhDr View Post
Reinvigorating this post!!
Finally some nice aftermarket Vaquero Parts !!
http://www.mortonscustom.com/vaqueroparts.html

Especially the Rear Turn Signas
Beautiful shape !!

I contacted Mortons and Doug Morton got back to me about installation.
He said they go on with 3M Double back tape.

I questioned this and he said they have personally installed 4 sets. WITH TAPE
I am waiting to hear back about what Years.
Must be Newer Vaqueros...2015/16, 2016.......
Mines a 2012 and I believe it is the screw on reflector.

Any Newer Owners care to opine??
I will be attempting to remove my reflectors soon. I'm going to call mortons modal and see what is up with there shipping calculator online, say 45 bucks to ship something that should easily fit in a usps $10 box

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-23-2016, 12:47 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlock View Post
Got everything wired up and combined it with the tail end mod jstephens helped pioneer as well. Here's a shot with the right signal blinking....
Who makes that lighted license plate frame?

Old 07-25-2016, 01:23 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADTIME View Post
Who makes that lighted license plate frame?
custom dynamics, from my research you'll have to drill a new hole in either fender or mounting bracket possibly both. lighting is next on my mod list

Old 07-25-2016, 02:21 PM   #49
Advanced Member

Anyone want to sell the old reflectors?
PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash

Old 07-29-2016, 12:16 PM   #50
Advanced Member

Went to my local Lowes and they had these little black plastic plugs with a one way shank that locks down inside the space between the outer bag and the inside after you cut the part out of the inside, and remove the screws. I got lucky because my bags are black on the lower part where the holes were. I then placed a couple of little stick-on chrome skulls on the bags where the reflectors used to be. I also removed the one on the rear above the license plate and stuck on some skull/flames chrome there too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0151.jpg (95.4 KB, 40 views)
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-29-2016, 04:35 PM   #51
Advanced Member

Here are those plugs I bought to fill the reflector holes in the saddle bags. Lowe's has them in stock normally.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-15.jpg (93.2 KB, 11 views)
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Old 07-31-2016, 12:46 PM   #52

Here's a better and smaller alternative. Can be found at local hardware stores or home improvement stores. Sizes start at 1/16", 1/4", etc

Old 10-25-2016, 09:12 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlock View Post
Bringing this thread back from the dead mainly because it took me so long to dig it up and it's great info. I did this mod today and the measurements on page 2 were spot on. The black plugs are great for black bikes but I had seen in another thread that Custom Dynamics Magic Spots (Part # 2040-1047 for Amber) fit perfectly to cover the holes and you can wire as you wish (I plan to wire as turn only, hence the amber).
I was really pleased with the outcome; the magic spot wiring is on one end of the bar and the fit so exact that you can use the reflector holes to run the wiring on one end and line up the other end without worry of putting them on crooked. In my opinion they blend right in with the handle and hinges...
Love this mod. Its exactly what I am looking for.
Question though on how do you wire to your power source? Drill a hole between the bag and bike?
Please include a picture if you can.
Thanks

Old 11-07-2016, 07:38 PM   #54

Hi, Sorry for the late reply. I drilled a small hole on the back wall of the bag and used a rubber grommet that just fits the wires. No other holes are necessary and it wouldn't be a big deal to plug the hole drilled with the same style fastener listed in the thread to reverse the procedure and reinstall the reflector on the bags to return to stock.
Sorry no pics yet; I'm rarely home.

VBA Member # 02057