Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 12-09-2014, 09:40 PM   #151

My brother and I went to Springfield IL for the Mile last spring
Right about the time we got to our motel my brother noticed the backend was loose. Come to find out he had lost a rear wheel bearing
we headed off down the street and stopped at the bike shop we came to Overturf Yamaha
pulled in and told them our problem They took us into the shop and let my brother use anything he needed to get the seized baring out of the wheel and Dennis Overturf the owner ended up jumping in his truck and driving across town to pick up a bearing for us
wouldn't except any money for the use of his shop and sent us on our way.
He has been in business for years and does things right.
When My dad owned his shop and even later at his house. He would never charge a traveler for anything but parts.
V&H pro pipe
FI2000
custom intake
work in progress

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-09-2014, 09:46 PM   #152
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyers View Post
My brother and I went to Springfield IL for the Mile last spring
Right about the time we got to our motel my brother noticed the backend was loose. Come to find out he had lost a rear wheel bearing
we headed off down the street and stopped at the bike shop we came to Overturf Yamaha
pulled in and told them our problem They took us into the shop and let my brother use anything he needed to get the seized baring out of the wheel and Dennis Overturf the owner ended up jumping in his truck and driving across town to pick up a bearing for us
wouldn't except any money for the use of his shop and sent us on our way.
He has been in business for years and does things right.
When My dad owned his shop and even later at his house. He would never charge a traveler for anything but parts.
We had a thread about this on a BMW forum. Seems that BMW and HD dealers are more likely to put stranded travelers at the head of the line. One dealer in OK I think, the service manager had given his cell to someone on the road that was having trouble and he opened the dealer service on the day when it was closed to get the guy fixed. That's impressive too. Good that you found someone that helped out. I hope the guy stays in business a long time.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 12-09-2014, 09:54 PM   #153

He will be in business as long as he wants to be. He sells Yamaha, Polaris, Victory, and I think Husky.
You should see his office, Got photos of him and Kenny Roberts, Rossi, Wayne Gardener,
Went on a ride into mexico with Dave Despain. Just wall to wall memorabilia from a lifetime around motorcycles. Really cool. Rides a superT everyday.
V&H pro pipe
FI2000
custom intake
work in progress

Old 01-12-2015, 07:04 PM   #154
Advanced Member

Seems Kawasaki is due for some updates on the cruiser line. The nice thing is you do get a great dependable bike that you can make your own with some detailing and aftermarket stuff. The new HDs are very expensive and with the price drops on the late model Kaws you save a ton of money leaving room for customizing, which is what I did. I sat on a 2014 Street Glide and it was cramped feeling (I am only 5'10) and uncomfortable and the footpegs were in the wrong place. Then I perched my derrier on the Vaquero and was sold instantly. Comfy, roomy, smooth and consistent and corners well too and very affordable.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:44 AM   #155

Wow. That is a refreshing story. Glad to hear there are some good dealers still out there.
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Login or Register to Remove Ads