Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #301
Advanced Member

occupations of riders in general?

I am "Head cook and bottle washer" here at the "DEW DROP INN" I also do a little handy man service around the place . When I escape my resposibilities here@ home I masquerade as an electrician in the outside world. I forgot my other duties here Arborist ,chemical applicator, grounds keeper, financial manager, kids prison warden, vet, mechanic, and just general all around problem solver. This is not a complete list ,but you get the idea

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-23-2011, 11:00 AM   #302

Professional musician living in an area now, with NO music scene. Working in inventory control for on of the large cable TV companies.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:11 AM   #303
Sr. Contributor

WOW 21 pages I read page 1 will have to read em all.......

I got crushed on the job in NH back in 87, and ever since all I do is mostly illegal. You can't get a real world job on a pre-existing condition.

I feel ok now but only after rebuilding myself by myself.

I stay busy collecting scalps, knapping gun flints, and that like. What time that dosen't take up, I pick things up and put them down LOL

Which is a few tons of snow in winter and then dirt in the garden.

I probably hold the title here to living the closest to the ground.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 04-24-2011, 12:31 PM   #304
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy

[quote author=macmac board=general thread=8337 post=351925 time=1303661461]WOW 21 pages I read page 1 will have to read em all.......

I got crushed on the job in NH back in 87, and ever since all I do is mostly illegal. You can't get a real world job on a pre-existing condition.

I feel ok now but only after rebuilding myself by myself.

I stay busy collecting scalps, knapping gun flints, and that like. What time that dosen't take up, I pick things up and put them down LOL

Which is a few tons of snow in winter and then dirt in the garden.

I probably hold the title here to living the closest to the ground.[/quote

Glad to see you back mac. Besides collecting scalps, what have you been up to?

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 04-24-2011, 05:26 PM   #305
Sr. Contributor

Rick I didn't go anywhere. I was here like always, but Ponch n' me were talkin' doctor crappola since I was having a bad time typoin with a busted finger.

I didn't know a finger I can't type with in the first place would fubarr all my typoin' but it sure does. That ain't all, but then that concerns the wenches and you don't need ta' know!

I spent a couple days boilin down 450 gallons of water, and I had to gather wood on the spot to do it, and then that was on snow shoes. Don't try that at home since walking on snow shoes is one feat and cutting down trees with a saw is another, and doing both at the same time gets dicey. Ya don't get as stupid lookin as me with out being partly stupid ya know! LOL

Besides a good scalping party some maple makin, and getting all dirty in the compost what else is there this time of year? I had fresh snow here yesterday, so riding a nomad is out.

Oh I almost forgot, I spent a few hours one day oiling guns and makin them all feel good. Ain't nuthin in winta' that seems to feel that good and look that good as a sheen on nice blue steel and a the walnut wood.

Went frog huntin' today in the drizz and my wife just got a tick fir her troubles. She got it walking on her wrist though not bitten, which is good.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Login or Register to Remove Ads