Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthEast Group

Old 07-19-2008, 03:48 PM   #1

Finally met.

I went on a ride today to Lake Harris in Tavares, Fl for lunch. The Hideaway was really a nice clean setting. Met a lot of good people there, Suzuki, BMW, Honda and myself (Kaw) at one table. The turn out was great, not only was the parking lot full but there was a car parked on the road. On my way out I saw a KawaNOW Tee shirt and stopped to introduce myself. It was Coach. We talked for awhile and then I was off, heading home to pack.

Thanks Coach for letting me know about the lunch. I couldn't have asked for better riding weather and really terrific people to sit back and chat with.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-19-2008, 06:17 PM   #2

Finally met.

Perfect example of why you and Coach should now reach out here to all in Florida. It is so easy to extend out a invitation for people in your direct area to ride, but it takes someone to do it. It is nice to hear you both had a good time. Now just keep it going.

Old 07-19-2008, 08:30 PM   #3

Finally met.

Now that was cool! I almost wore my Kawanow tee shirt on our ride today. As it turned out I should have. The fellow behind me on a 750 Shadow did nothing but talk about my Nomad....been thinking about a Nomad he said because of two guys where he works has Nomads. His wife rides pillion....he sat on the Nomad and she set on the back....she said 'oh, this is a lot more comfortable!'. I don't think she will balk if he gets wants to get one. ;)

I told him give the two guys at work this web site and you and them check it out. ..then go buy a Nomad ....we could have 4 Nomads right here in the little town of Dyersburg (pop. 23,000)....we could start a D'burg Posse.

He also liked the debaffled sound.....said he was going to work Monday and tell those two guys he heard a Nomad over the weekend that sounds better than theirs....I just said 'oot oh'.

Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 07-19-2008, 09:32 PM   #4

Finally met.

Those were fun meeting stories. It's great when things like that happen in the bike world.

Amy "kawgirl" Neal
Greenville, NC
2002 Nomad

Old 07-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #5
Advanced Member

Finally met.

It is Great to hear such stories. It's all about networking, networking. Sorta like a get to know your neighbor.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-20-2008, 01:51 PM   #6

Finally met.

I usually wear one of the two KawaNOW shirts I have when I ride. Just so people know I am one of the Nomaddicts
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 07-20-2008, 02:17 PM   #7

Finally met.

I cant yet, I am just a "Junior Member." lol

Old 07-20-2008, 07:44 PM   #8

Finally met.

Look again, it says you are a Full Member
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 07-20-2008, 10:44 PM   #9

Finally met.

It was good to meet gramps at the Hideaway in Tavares. I didn't get there till around 12, and most of the group had already ordered or were eating. I found a place to sit with a Valkyrie rider and swapped some stories about rides we had done. He is a long distance guy for sure. Gramps came up and asked if I had a Nomad, and the rest is history. We sat and talked till my food got there, and for a good portion of my meal (gramps had already eaten). It was a great time.

I am trying to spread the message of the board. Talked to a H/D guy out front about my trunk setup. He has a guy that rides with them that has a Nomad and said the setup I had was much better looking than the ones he had seen on other Nomads from his area. I told him to tell his buddy about the board.

I look forward to riding over your way sometime soon gramps, before we both get too busy this fall.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Old 07-21-2008, 06:56 PM   #10

Finally met.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat (TC)
Hog Heaven, now I am as important as Todd. lol

Old 07-22-2008, 02:09 AM   #11
Top Contributor

Finally met.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trjam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat (TC)
Hog Heaven, now I am as important as Todd. lol
Man, you gotta set your goals a lot higher!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 07-26-2008, 03:14 PM   #12
Advanced Member

Finally met.

Hey all.

My wife and I just got back from the Scootworks Open House and Street Party. Saw a ton or 2 of Nomads, a few of the beautiful and noble black ones and a few others...even a two tone green. Saw some great ideas to try and met a few Nomaders. Plus got to meet Kawgirl, my favorite SE Region Leader. ;)

Later

Old 07-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #13

Finally met.

Awww shucks Paul! It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife.

I was tickled to see as many Nomads that were there. Most were parked and I didn't get to see the owners. I did tell one guy who was standing next to his bike about KawaNOW.

It was a good day even if I didn't get to ride.

Amy "kawgirl" Neal
Greenville, NC
2002 Nomad

Old 08-25-2008, 05:34 AM   #14

Send a message via Skype™ to ken
Finally met.

Reading these posts makes me sure wish I was back in the US of A, Florida being the home state. One sees a few Nomads (Classic Tours in Germany) but not alot....H/Ds are the ride of choice for some many because it stylish and Germans are very much into style and fashion...but the prices. Even the Nomad price would make you cring €14,000 or about $21,000 with taxes. Enjoy your rides and stay safe. Ken in Germany