Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthCentral Group

Old 01-15-2009, 07:28 PM   #16

Spring Rally we have a date

We are talking with Rider's Rest but it is hard to make plans with out some idea of how many people may come. At this time we have had 143 people read this thread and on 11 votes, come on folks I know May seems a long way off but it will be here before you know it. At this time Watchman is working on a ride for Sat. afternoon but he may not be able to make it so we will need some one to lead this ride. Rallyjunkie has come up with a ride for the morning and he will lead this one. If anyone has an idea please let me know. Jim

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-16-2009, 09:20 AM   #17

The wife ( No-mad- Liz ) is going to schedule the vacation time for the rally. So God willing and the creek don't rise to much we will be there. Most likely we will go down on the 6th or 7th to get some extra riding time in. I might even plan an Early Bird ride for Friday for those arriving Thursday.

I have 2 different half day rides figured. One will take us up into Missouri for anyone needing to claim the state and another one around the lake and down to War Eagle mill. The first one will take you on some nice twisties, nothing to serious but mostly just covering ground. The second one will be more of a site seeing tour with several stops, the Glass Chapel, War Eagle Mill, Beaver Lake Dam, Swinging Bridge, etc. Both are less than 115 miles each, making them 3 to 4 hours, or one tank of gas rides.

We are open to suggestions also, let me know if there is somewhere you would like to see. I can alter the route without any trouble. We will do which ever ride the majority wants to go on. See y'all there!

Old 01-16-2009, 01:29 PM   #18

Since I am out of the running for the National Rally, this might be the perfect alternative, and I've been wanting to ride AR anyway.

I'll talk to Ann and see for sure, but all indications are we can make it. Add two more!

"Taranis" and the Lovely Ann
KawaNOW Oldschool #885
His: 2006 Nomad
Hers: 2008 VN900 Classic LT

Old 01-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchman
The wife ( No-mad- Liz ) is going to schedule the vacation time for the rally. So God willing and the creek don't rise to much we will be there. Most likely we will go down on the 6th or 7th to get some extra riding time in. I might even plan an Early Bird ride for Friday for those arriving Thursday.

I have 2 different half day rides figured. One will take us up into Missouri for anyone needing to claim the state and another one around the lake and down to War Eagle mill. The first one will take you on some nice twisties, nothing to serious but mostly just covering ground. The second one will be more of a site seeing tour with several stops, the Glass Chapel, War Eagle Mill, Beaver Lake Dam, Swinging Bridge, etc. Both are less than 115 miles each, making them 3 to 4 hours, or one tank of gas rides.

We are open to suggestions also, let me know if there is somewhere you would like to see. I can alter the route without any trouble. We will do which ever ride the majority wants to go on. See y'all there!
What about the Pig Trail? I will probably be using this route to get to and from the rally anyway, but it's a thought.

http://www.byways.org/explore/byways...86#copyright_2

"Taranis" and the Lovely Ann
KawaNOW Oldschool #885
His: 2006 Nomad
Hers: 2008 VN900 Classic LT

Old 01-16-2009, 02:24 PM   #20
VBA Founder

The Pig Trail is a must, Taranus. I'll be riding it up and back.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-16-2009, 07:57 PM   #21

I have a ride laid out that incorporates part of the Pig Trail, War Eagle Mill and the Ozone Burger Barn. We might do it as the Early Bird Ride Thursday or Friday.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:55 PM   #22

got a brochure from my trip up there in october. has some good rides and loops on it. will find it and post more later. war eagle mill is a great place as is the glass chapel. Will try to make it depending on work. will keep ya'll informed.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:14 AM   #23

Just retracted my vote from maybe to no, can't make it. Just found out my daughters graduation from ASU will be on the 9th of May. :'(
VBA #146

Old 01-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #24

Sorry to hear that Jim Custer

Old 01-19-2009, 12:36 PM   #25

As it stands now, my wife and I will be there, or at the very least, I will be there. We have a daughter that will still be in school in early May, so if we can't make arrangements for her, the wife will stay behind. I, on the other hand, will need to get someone to cover for me while I'm away.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:10 AM   #26

When you say May 8,9 and 10.... Are we spending the night on the 10th or leaving on the 10th.

Bob T

Old 01-20-2009, 07:33 AM   #27

We will be breaking up and going home on the 10th

Old 01-22-2009, 10:32 AM   #28

Reservations made for May 7,8 and 9 at the Riders Rest. I got Room 2 (Marlon Brando Room).

Bob T

Old 01-22-2009, 12:59 PM   #29

The Rider's Rest will be head quarters for the rally we have all 10 rooms booked just tell Annie you are with the South Central Nomads of KAWAnow, the rate is $45.00 & $55.00 for the rooms (479) 253-9815 There are only 7 rooms left so make sure and get yours but if you can't get a room at Rider's Rest there are plenty of good motels close by.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:52 PM   #30

I got room three for the 7, 8, 9.