Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthCentral Group

Old 10-19-2010, 06:08 AM   #16

November 13th Vicksburg

That's great Gregg looking forward to seeing you again but sure hate to hear about the knee.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-19-2010, 11:28 AM   #17

November 13th Vicksburg

I think we should contact Trip, and see if he's still up for a ride to V'burg .

Old 10-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #18

November 13th Vicksburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunrider
:'( Sure wish I could join you guys. Hope y'all have a great time and be careful.
Mitch, I know you would be first in line to go. Hope by some miracle that you can go, but, if not, you will be missed.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:24 PM   #19

November 13th Vicksburg

Frank I talked to Trip at Antlers and he said that he wouldn't be able to make it.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:21 PM   #20

November 13th Vicksburg

That's too bad. I was looking forward to meeting him. There will be other times, though. I'm leaving Thursday for a wedding in Dallas on Saturday. I'll try to get some tips from my son-in-law on V'burg before I leave, but it sounds like you guys have a full slate planned already.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-20-2010, 09:20 PM   #21

November 13th Vicksburg

Hey, guys. It will take at least an hour and a half to tour the Military Park if you do it right. The Park Historical theater and the movie, plus the visit to the Cairo Gunboat site and museum, plus all the monuments, especially the Illinois monument, which is a must see, will take up a lot of time; two and a half to three hours at least as a guess. Then, we need to have time to Meet and Greet somewhere. I'd suggest Fat Mama's for the needed room and atmosphere. If the Park is what the majority of us want, that's fine, but we need to set our sights on doing just that and perhaps the River Wall Murals and the Coke Museum. Daylight Savings time will play a big part in our agenda, too. The Old Country store in Port Gibson is a 45 -60 minute ride south unless we take that *really* nice backroad to vist the Ruins of Winsdor first. That may add another thirty minutes to one hour. If we take the Old Port Gibson Road to return to V'burg, that will take up at least another hour. And we haven't even visited the Grand Gulf Park and Museum yet. This all would be no problem in the middle of the summer, but dark-thirty comes awfully fast in November. I'm two and a half hours away so it's a five hour run for me plus the time we spend doin' our thing. Perhaps we need to narrow this down a bit unless everyone is planning to make an overnighter of it. No problem for me on that part. I'm all open for any and all suggestions as how this should go down.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:52 AM   #22

November 13th Vicksburg

+1 on Fat Momas
Zoom45

Bobby Risher
Terry, MS
Kawanow member # 124
South Central Group
2000 Nomad 1500 (carbed) 128,000 miles

Old 10-21-2010, 09:23 AM   #23

November 13th Vicksburg

I thought Fat Mamas was in Natchez is there one in Vicksburg? I agree with SAS that maybe we need to stay in Vicksburg go to the park and I would like to see the Coke museum and the river wall and it is a 31/2 hour ride for me but also I am OK with spending the night if every one wants too.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:44 PM   #24

November 13th Vicksburg

Aieeeeeee! YOU are right, Jim! Fat Mama's *is* in Natchez! Anytime I think of Mississippi River towns I automatically think of Fat Mama's! Mea Culpa!

I have some GW friends in V'Burg who are going to let me know a good place for a 'Meet and Greet' and perhaps a few extra sites to visit. I'll post as this as soon as I hear from them. We live right off I-55 in McComb and when we go to V'Burg we run the Interstate to Crystal Springs and take Hiway 27 to hiway 18 in Utica and then the the dogleg back onto 27 in Utica to V'burg. Since both legs of that trip are much better rides than going to Jackson on I-55 and then west on I-20 to V'burg, I'd suggest anyone coming from south of Hammond, LA to take 27 at Crystal Springs.

I'm looking forward to the 'Meet and Greet' and putting some faces to the names on this forum. I had dinner one evening with Jim and his definitely prettier better-half, but I haven't run across too many others yet.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:41 PM   #25

November 13th Vicksburg

SAS you and Bobby (zoom45) should get together for the ride up he is only 7 or 8 miles NE of Crystal Springs in Terry.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:07 PM   #26

November 13th Vicksburg

I was thinking the same thing, Jim, and figured Bobby and I could meet somewhere off Exit 72. We can figure the ETA for that as we get farther along. The reason I commented on Hiway 27 was for the benefit of those from SE Louisiana who may not be familiar with that route to V'Burg. Good ride with lots of hills.

And...I-55 Exit 18 at McComb has a number of places I could meet those coming from Louisiana. We could set an ETA for that meet up, too. Anyone closer to the Baton Rouge area could run U.S. 61 right to V'Burg or still come this way if they choose to. U.S. 65 is another alternative, as is I-20 for those west of the River.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:51 PM   #27
Advanced Member

November 13th Vicksburg

I'm in.. Only an hour from my house. I go through and to Vicksburg all the time. But I can still get lost there. Just make some plans and I'm ready.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:11 PM   #28
Advanced Member

November 13th Vicksburg

I think the my Louisiana crew will probably head to Natchez and pick up hwy 61 to Vicksburg.I will be the only Nomad rider but I promise keep the rest of them in line with my stun gun.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:39 PM   #29

November 13th Vicksburg

No stun gun needed. Allow 'em to see what a great bike the Nomad is. That'll keep them stunned and in awe!

Old 10-22-2010, 08:48 AM   #30

November 13th Vicksburg

If everyone would please post and let us know that you are coming and how many folks are coming with you and how many bikes, and if you are going to spend the night or make it a day trip.