Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > Archived > National Rally 2013 - Estes Park, CO.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #16
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
Thanks for the offers everyone. This won't put me in the desperate situation. The thing that bothers me the most is since we had a short (and I mean short) ride to the rally, both Krystal and I planned on giving some of the money that we would have spent on getting to a longer distance rally to the charity that we had picked. It was a good one and one that everyone either has issues with, has a family member with it or definately knows someone with diabetes. That money didn't go where we had planned on it. So in reality I'm not out anymore than we planned to spend. It's just where it went that irks me.

For all those that have said they would anty up, pick a good charity and send that to them. That will make me feel just as good and probably better than if you send it to me. I'd probably just waste it on a good bottle of whiskey. It's not your responsibility to pick up for someone else and the offer put a warm fuzzy feeling (shut up Brad) in my heart. Plenty of you are friends that I would do most anything for. Just ask Trosco.
Good idea Joel. I sent a donation to WWP (Wounded Warrior Project) In the name of VBA...

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #17

Joel is a great guy, and will do a lot for a fellow rider. When I broke down in western Colorado Joel helped me out reaching ROK for road side assistance. I was very remote and it took 24 hours to get a wrecker there and me to a city. Joel was keeping track of my efforts to get back to Boulder. Then it looked like I was going to be stranded there by a rental car company that couldn't deliver on the pickup I had rented from them to cart the Nomad back to Boulder for repairs. Joel was actually hooking up his trailer to drive 400 miles one way to rescue me when I reached him to let him know that I'd been able to arrange another truck. There a few people that would be willing to do that and we're lucky that one of them is part of our group.

Joel; My sister Sharon was a type one diabetes sufferer from age 5. She was killed by the effects of that disease at age 54 after kidney failure, blindness, neuropathy, a stroke and multiple amputations. The people who visited the rally and talked about their and their children's struggle with the disease are faced with living that same nightmare. I always contribute to ADA but I'll bump the next contribution up a bit.

Thanks to you and all that support finding a cure for Diabetes.
2010 Titanium Goldwing
2014 KLR 650 New Edition

Old 08-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #18

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
I donated to a cause that purchases tracked wheel chairs to Veteran Amputees a couple months ago. Dose that count?

It's the "Independence Fund"
http://www.independencefund.org/
It uses paypal for easier transactions.

It's my experience that Bikers/Motorcyclist, folks that ride motorcycles general are some of the most charitable people you'll meet. I mostly ride in events for local charities especially where a kid is involved.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 08-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #19
Mega-Contributor

Then Joel parted the Red Sea so his people could escape slavery. Just for good measure, he stopped by the morgue and brought some dead people back to life.

Just kidding, that's really going above and beyond for a fellow rider, Joel. I tip my hat to you, sir.

I hope if I ever break down, even though it's unlikely - I hope I have your number in my cell phone.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 08-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #20
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
Then Joel parted the Red Sea so his people could escape slavery. Just for good measure, he stopped by the morgue and brought some dead people back to life.

Just kidding, that's really going above and beyond for a fellow rider, Joel. I tip my hat to you, sir.

I hope if I ever break down, even though it's unlikely - I hope I have your number in my cell phone.
Very likely don't you mean!!??
Better Joel's number than mine you CHEAP BASTARD!!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

Member # 0005

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #21
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post
I donated to a cause that purchases tracked wheel chairs to Veteran Amputees a couple months ago. Dose that count?

It's the "Independence Fund"
http://www.independencefund.org/
It uses paypal for easier transactions.

It's my experience that Bikers/Motorcyclist, folks that ride motorcycles general are some of the most charitable people you'll meet. I mostly ride in events for local charities especially where a kid is involved.
good choice Mike. I felt much better writing a check to the Wounded Warrior Project for $1,000,000 than sending that to Joel

Member # 0005

Old 08-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #22
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
good choice Mike. I felt much better writing a check to the Wounded Warrior Project for $1,000,000 than sending that to Joel
No you didn't, you CHEAP BASTARD! It was probably $10.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 08-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #23

On the news channel today there was a story about WW getting $1 checks from California doaners that bounce and cost WW $35 charge back fees? Said one of the checks had a picture of a Victory Motorcycle on it and some kind of "smells like Victory" bogus slogan?????
2010 Titanium Goldwing
2014 KLR 650 New Edition

Old 08-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
No you didn't, you CHEAP BASTARD! It was probably $10.
A Mill. to him is like $10 to us. He shouldn't flaunt his wealth round here like that. It's so just ain't right.
No more than having hi old gray haired daddy driving his limousine.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Last edited by Kawhead; 08-08-2013 at 02:44 PM.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by trosco View Post
There were a lot of people that pulled out in the weeks leading up to the rally. Unforeseen events can happen and ruin ones plans but,,, it is a shame that folks missed the Rally. It was in a fabulous area, and there were truly great folks there to meet. I thought (even though I did not stat at the hotel so I can't comment on the rooms themselves) that the hotel did a great job hosting us. I had coffee at a couple of the breakfasts and they looked good, I enjoyed the chips and dogs the hotel did to greet us and the closing night diner was very good.
Joel and his helpers are to be commended for setting this up and it ending up so well. I too would be glad to chip in a few dollars to make up for others lack of responsibility.
He's kinda like Billy Jack. Miraculously show up when they's trouble. Cept he ain't riding in no jeep, or no horse, or got ner'er one of them cool ass hats that Indians wear.
He got in a two hit fight one time. The other guy hit Waterman and Waterman hit the wall,,,,,real HHHHHARD!

The whole thing was recorded on a phone, so the picture is sort of grainy. Roll the footage, footage roller.

On the other side of that wall was a closed liquor store. I'm told the next morning it took two hours for the clerk to go around and pick up the stuff that got knocked off the shelves of the wall he hit so hard.

They share the exact political ideology.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 08-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
CHEAP BASTARD!!!
Sounds like an Austin Powers villain.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by trosco View Post
On the news channel today there was a story about WW getting $1 checks from California doaners that bounce and cost WW $35 charge back fees? Said one of the checks had a picture of a Victory Motorcycle on it and some kind of "smells like Victory" bogus slogan?????
Now that's funny sh*t Maybe they'll catch the cheap ass and put him in the slammer with Bubba. Then we'll see what that extra 3" he brags about is all about.

Dave "(dshelly)" Shellenberger
2014 Harley Ultra Classic
2007 1600 Nomad (Black)
Shellenberger Machine
Belgrade, MT
Various Bagger Member (Harley Chapter)
VBA # 2395

Old 08-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Sounds like an Austin Powers villain.
Dr. Evil Cheap Bastard.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 08-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #29
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshelly View Post
Now that's funny sh*t Maybe they'll catch the cheap ass and put him in the slammer with Bubba. Then we'll see what that extra 3" he brags about is all about.
if you don't think 3 extra inches matters just ask your old lady

Member # 0005