Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 04-02-2009, 10:26 AM   #1

New Guy--Long Island New York

Ever notice how dealers always put the parts counter all the way in the back of the showroom? Even if you need a sparkplug, you are forced to walk past all those shinny new bikes that are screaming "BUY ME!!!" . After years of temptation, I finally bought the BIG ONE----an 05 Nomad. I've been riding on and off for years--slowly moving up in size with each bike. My last bike was an 1980 Honda 900 Custom, which I now realize was a street bike in cruiser clothes. I did NOT buy this bike so I could cruise past majestic mountains. I just wanted the biggest, best looking cruiser my money could buy! The Nomad fit the bill. More than likely, I will be cruising into work past burnt out buildings and the projects of the Brooklyn NY ghettos.
I just want to say hello---This is a great web sight with lots of info and good people. I hit the Donate button and gave a few bucks. If I can spend thousands on the bike, I can surly give a few cents to keep this sight going great. :)
Chris

My Old, former bike CB900C

Login or Register to Remove Ads