Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 04-14-2014, 01:08 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhollinger View Post
Since it wont fit my bike, how about $50?
Won't fit mine either but I'll go $55..............I'm sure I can turn it round an make a quick $

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-14-2014, 01:40 PM   #32

What can I say ?? You two are all class. Kind of like dumb and dumber.

Dave "(dshelly)" Shellenberger
2014 Harley Ultra Classic
2007 1600 Nomad (Black)
Shellenberger Machine
Belgrade, MT
Various Bagger Member (Harley Chapter)
VBA # 2395

Old 04-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #33

Sorry Dave, slow day at work and I was entertaining myself. I hope you sell it soon..

David Hollinger
2002 Beige 1500 "Hannah2"
VBA # 02195

Old 04-14-2014, 02:45 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshelly View Post
What can I say ?? You two are all class. Kind of like dumb and dumber.
Hey, get with the program...........life's good in the real world.

Look, to be serious, there are plenty of trunks out there to choose from. I found that out when I put a message in wanted folders. I also mentioned it a local bike shop and had two calls from that. Three of the contacts said they'd been trying to sell theirs for some time. One said it had been in his garage for 3 years or more. I wasn't surprised when he told me how much he wanted for it.

High end trunks are similar to high end anything else, the more pricey the smaller/slower the market.

There's a whole world of bikers out there happy to get fixed up for $200, $300, $400.

If you genuinely want to sell it you have to price it to sell, not your notional value. My guess is you not bothered one way or the other right now.

I'm pretty pleased and proud of how my DIY effort turned out despite what you guys might say.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:37 PM   #35

A lifetime of consumption coupled with the fact that when I was growing up, if I didn't wake up with a hard on, then there was nothing to play with that day has taught me that at times spending more is the wiser choice. If I opt to spend less, but wind up with a product that doesn't fit my needs and/or doesn't last very long, well, then I've just wasted the money I spent, whatever dollar amount it was. Not so much about the dollars, but if I have to spend a hundred dollars or a thousand dollars more to get the product I can use and that will last, then to me it was worth it. Dollars over time/durability is the formula I try to use. I tend to keep things for years and years and use them. If they last, look good doing it, and keep their integrity and function, then I figgure I'm ahead.

Two cheaper items costing $300.00 each in a five year period, or one more expensive (read: better quality) for $500.00 that lasts me seven years. You do the math.

Of course, all that having been said, I'll usually decide on the item I want first, then shop my a$$ off to find it at the very best price I can.

Mine doesn't have to be better than anybody else's, It just has to serve my needs and perform to my standards.

And with all that, SOMEBODY BUY THE DAMN TRUNK!!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by paul; 04-14-2014 at 08:42 PM.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:18 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
A lifetime of consumption ... has taught me that at times spending more is the wiser choice. If I opt to spend less, but wind up with a product that doesn't fit my needs and/or doesn't last very long, well, then I've just wasted the money I spent, whatever dollar amount it was. Not so much about the dollars, but if I have to spend a hundred dollars or a thousand dollars more to get the product I can use and that will last, then to me it was worth it. Dollars over time/durability is the formula I try to use. I tend to keep things for years and years and use them. If they last, look good doing it, and keep their integrity and function, then I figure I'm ahead.
I couldn't agree more. If it's something I plan to keep a long time and use a lot I will spend more money for a better quality item. If it's something that I'll rarely use I'll probably opt for the cheaper version; i.e. a hand tool from Princess Auto (western Canada's equivalent to Harbor Freight) versus a Sears Craftsman/Mac/Snap-on.

And as paul said SOMEBODY BUY THE DAMN TRUNK!

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Old 04-15-2014, 12:29 PM   #37

Hey Dave, is this the only place you've listed the trunk for sale? Perhaps sell the trunk and rack separately? That would definitely increase your purchase audience.
VBA #1051 (Former President)

Old 04-15-2014, 12:52 PM   #38

OMG! If I want to hear whining, I'll go home to my kids! I get on the forum to get away from that crap. Yes Dave asked if he was asking too much for this trunk...key word there in case you missed it...THIS trunk. This brand. This rack. This wiring setup. This backrest. This paint job. He was asking people who know the product (like Ring and CJ) and know what it's worth. Obviously there are cheaper choices but as a dozen people have said, quality versus cost. Not everyone wants to pay $650 for a trunk and rack...that's why there's a market for $150 - $400. But there IS a market for quality trunk setups. The price he's asking is low in my opinion. You can also buy a full face helmet from Pep Boys for $80 but that doesn't mean I'll sell a slightly used Shoei RF 1100 for $80!

If you want it, buy it. If you don't, don't. If you want to complain about how much high-end quality parts cost (see Tim for an example of this ), do it in a thread where he's not trying to sell it. Start your own thread. Your new here. Dave is not. Neither is CJ, Ring, Jared, Paul, etc. There's a wealth of knowledge here in this forum, but there is also a wealth of...others. I'm probably in the latter group but at least I'm aware of it

VBA #02442
VROC Member
PGR (Patriot Guard Riders)
MMCI (Masonic Motorcycle Club International)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Author Unknown

01 Kaw Nomad 1500 (Vintage Red)

Last edited by Bamabrat; 04-15-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:37 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
Hey Dave, is this the only place you've listed the trunk for sale? Perhaps sell the trunk and rack separately? That would definitely increase your purchase audience.
Just listed it on Ebay. Much wider audience there.

2007 1600 Nomad (Black)
Shellenberger Machine
Belgrade, MT
VBA # 2395

Old 04-15-2014, 03:37 PM   #40

OMG! If I want to hear whining, I'll go home to my kids!

Don't let us stop you. You don't seem able to join the conversation without getting you're panties in a twist.

Oh, and no whining here, just giving an opinion like he asked for and, like you all were about my trunk.

THIS trunk. This brand. This rack. This wiring setup. This backrest. This paint job, know what it's worth

How many offers has he had at the price he's asking

The price he's asking is low in my opinion

Why has no one snapped it up.

If you want it, buy it. If you don't, don't.

Hey, he asked for opinions. I'm giving mine whether or not you like it.

If you want to complain about how much high-end quality parts
cost

Who's complaining? If I had that sort of money to throw it around and enjoy it too.

Get off your high horse and play nice.

Old 04-15-2014, 03:50 PM   #41

This has got to be the longest for sale ad yet.

2007 1600 Nomad (Black)
Shellenberger Machine
Belgrade, MT
VBA # 2395

Old 04-15-2014, 05:16 PM   #42

Quote:
This has got to be the longest for sale ad yet.
Glad to be of some help.................

BTW..........Jeans now SOLD

and risers SOLD

Both high end merchandise that would appeal to the more discerning high end rider.

Last edited by redgreynomad; 04-17-2014 at 10:29 AM.

Old 04-15-2014, 05:19 PM   #43

hijacking my ad now?

2007 1600 Nomad (Black)
Shellenberger Machine
Belgrade, MT
VBA # 2395

Old 04-15-2014, 05:39 PM   #44

Quote:
hijacking my ad now?
No publicity is bad publicity.............

You seen how many readers I've brought to your advert..........820+

Gratuities accepted

Old 04-16-2014, 12:07 AM   #45
Advanced Member

I would buy it in a second at the asking price. The only thing stopping me is fear of ending the fun on this thread.

Seriously. List it everywhere and stay firm on your price. If your not selling for need of cash then someone will come along and take it for what it worth and I'm sure you have a lot more than that in it which is exactly why I don't have it on mine right now, as much as I would love to.

Good luck, it's a beautiful piece.