Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 09-09-2015, 08:56 PM   #46
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
Sorry but the Roadmaster looks hideous to me.

There would only be 2 bikes on my shortlist if I were in the market for a new bike,
a Goldwing or a Victory Cross Country.
It wouldn't be on my shortlist, but it's got a lot of tech in it.

The three bikes I would test ride are the GW, K1600GTL and the R1200RT. I would consider the others and may be test ride them, but unless they impress me, the list would get shorter fast.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-09-2015, 11:27 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBO Vaquero View Post
Good to hear! I also got a fair trade for my Vaquero and they gave me about 3k more than the other dealer offered but it was against a new one verses a 13 leftover so maybe there was just not much room left to deal on the 13. My dealer has already sold my trade in!! The color on the F6B was the deal breaker for me, I just couldn't like that red. I told them if they could track down a yellow 14 maybe we could deal but they told me all the leftover 14's in yellow were on the west coast. I had the dealer throw in the tall windshield because I knew it was gonna be needed. My bike is 9 days old now with over 1300 miles on already, I just can't stop riding it! Stay in touch.....
CBO
I will stay in touch. Color isn't a choice when buying used sometimes. Red isn't my favorite color but I wouldn't walk away from a deal because of the color red either. I like your blue and its one of my preferred colors although
white is my color of choice. Been riding mine back and forth to work and hopefully will get sometime on the weekend to take a longer ride. Al

Once I was young and now I am old and everything in the middle went way to damn fast

Old 09-10-2015, 01:12 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl1952 View Post
CBO
I will stay in touch. Color isn't a choice when buying used sometimes. Red isn't my favorite color but I wouldn't walk away from a deal because of the color red either. I like your blue and its one of my preferred colors although
white is my color of choice. Been riding mine back and forth to work and hopefully will get sometime on the weekend to take a longer ride. Al
Maybe we can meet at next years F6B rally labor day weekend in Russellville Arkansas I'm hoping to make it down there. The home base for the rally is Honda of Russellville. I just missed this years rally and the bad part was it was in Tenn. and I was riding only about 80 miles from where it was, dang! For me if I didn't have the new 14 Vaquero as a trade I seriously would have considered the red 13 just because of the money difference but the wife said we should go newer not older and I couldn't argue with her and I really wanted that blue!!

Old 09-10-2015, 01:39 PM   #49

Maybe you two would want to consider joining a FB6 forum. I would have to believe that it would be more beneficial to discuss your bikes with others that own similar ones. Just like we do here for Vulcan Baggers.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:28 PM   #50
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
Maybe you two would want to consider joining a FB6 forum. I would have to believe that it would be more beneficial to discuss your bikes with others that own similar ones. Just like we do here for Vulcan Baggers.
There are lots of guys on here that had Kawasakis and then changed brands.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-10-2015, 05:39 PM   #51

Does the f6b come with cruise control?

The one I looked at last year didn't have it.
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Old 09-10-2015, 05:57 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
There are lots of guys on here that had Kawasakis and then changed brands.
That doesn't change the fact that this forum is for Vulcan baggers.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:25 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBO Vaquero View Post
Good to hear! I also got a fair trade for my Vaquero and they gave me about 3k more than the other dealer offered but it was against a new one verses a 13 leftover so maybe there was just not much room left to deal on the 13. My dealer has already sold my trade in!! The color on the F6B was the deal breaker for me, I just couldn't like that red. I told them if they could track down a yellow 14 maybe we could deal but they told me all the leftover 14's in yellow were on the west coast. I had the dealer throw in the tall windshield because I knew it was gonna be needed. My bike is 9 days old now with over 1300 miles on already, I just can't stop riding it! Stay in touch.....
They didn't look very hard for a yellow one. The dealer 15 miles from me have a 2014 yellow one. North east indiana. http://www.haydenhonda.com/new_vehic...20&pov=4118570
VBA #02401
2015 Voyager
2006 1600 Nomad black(sold)

2016 Salem, Antlers,
2017 Eureka Springs, Lake George, Antlers
2018 Custer NR, Antlers

Old 09-10-2015, 09:11 PM   #54
Top Contributor

Quote:
So guys that have been on this forum for many years have to leave when they buy another bike ?

Old 09-10-2015, 10:58 PM   #55

Quote:
Old School
Ive seen a lot of guys on here with BMW's Harleys and other brands. Hasn't seem to bother anyone up until now. So I will bow out and never return. Didn't know you owned the forum.

Once I was young and now I am old and everything in the middle went way to damn fast

Old 09-11-2015, 02:08 AM   #56

Quote:

Hey Richard, if you don't like the thread, why are you reading it?

Your post just answered my question as to why all the veterans of this board have stopped posting.

Last edited by Dave; 09-11-2015 at 02:11 AM.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:45 AM   #57

Quote:
I am a member over there as well as the GL1800riders, Spyderlovers, Vulcanforums, and many others. Lot's of good people on here to talk to,.. sorry to have started this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recumbentbob View Post
Does the f6b come with cruise control?

The one I looked at last year didn't have it.
Starting in 2015 they come standard with cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber63 View Post
They didn't look very hard for a yellow one. The dealer 15 miles from me have a 2014 yellow one. North east indiana. http://www.haydenhonda.com/new_vehic...20&pov=4118570
They don't buy from other dealers, they checked the Honda factory inventory for leftovers.