Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 12-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #16

Westboro "Church"

I believe that I heard the PGR was not going to be involved, mainly because they only handle the Services for those who had served in the military. It'll be interesting to see if they make exception in this case. If I had something to do with it, I would say the PGR should be there. Just my 2 cents.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-11-2010, 02:17 PM   #17
Sr. Contributor

Westboro "Church"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaNomadRider
I agree with you Greg, a permit should be required and if they don't have it then arrest them.

Loafer there can't be much good going on at their church if they are never there. Don't think what they are doing is what Jesus had in mind for pastor's and churches to be doing.
Well if they found their church full of explosives, and it is too dangerous to send some one in to clean it out. They would have to burn the place down. Just saying...
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 12-11-2010, 02:24 PM   #18
Sr. Contributor

Westboro "Church"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
I say we just toss out the Constitution!

Freedom of speech, freedom to assemble who needs them? Problem solved!

I say we outlaw the press! If there were no press, no one would know about these people. Problem solved!

Now flame away people. Flame away!
Dave, Dave, Dave. That's just what they would like. For all of us to resort to failed practices. We are going to have to stop thinking like they want us to. And start figuring out ways to stall their arrival at funerals and such. Just saying...

Old 12-11-2010, 02:36 PM   #19

Westboro "Church"

Loafer,

I agree but we don't need to mess with the Constitution and that's exactly what happens when we talk about limiting someone from protesting via what they say or who their are protesting or messing with their right to assemble.

But since 99% of Americans won't agree with me, then maybe we can just tweak it a bit. After all it's only them not us.

There are other ways to shut these people up but the vast majority of Americans don't have the balls to do it.

Old 12-11-2010, 02:43 PM   #20
Sr. Contributor

Westboro "Church"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Loafer,

I agree but we don't need to mess with the Constitution and that's exactly what happens when we talk about limiting someone from protesting via what they say or who their are protesting or messing with their right to assemble.

But since 99% of Americans won't agree with me, then maybe we can just tweak it a bit. After all it's only them not us.

There are other ways to shut these people up but the vast majority of Americans don't have the balls to do it.
I hear your words better with this post. Thanks.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #21

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Westboro "Church"

This is what our NC State Captain posted posted on the Delphi forum:

Our most humble and heartfelt sympathies and prayers go out to the friends and especially the family of Mrs. Elizabeth Edwards. She was a great person as well as a friend to education and children’s causes, both nationally and in North Carolina.

She was truly an inspiration to all and more so; a hero to the victims and survivors of this dreaded disease that finally took her away from us. We wish Godspeed to her and her family as they go through this very trying time. We will also honor the family’s wishes for a private burial after the public service on Saturday. We wish not to add to their burden by escalating any unpleasantness during this time.

In that light,,, We understand the sorrow the Edwards family is experiencing and offer our condolences in their loss and hopes that no protesters will attempt to twist their pain for some media exposure. The best way to prevent these folks from attending funerals is to deny them media coverage and attention. That is the only reason they would be there.

There are several reasons that we cannot be there and regretfully they must be adhered to.

1) Mission statement: The Patriot Guard Riders are not a counter protest group. We have a very specific mission statement that focuses on our Fallen Heroes that have served our country and citizens. As much as we would wish that no family would suffer the attentions of these protests, what we do has little to do with protesters.

2) Family request, We only go at family request for our uniformed service members who place their lives on the line for our citizens.

3) VIPs and Secret Service: After the VA mine memorial and several other recent tragedies, I think it's clear that they would probably prevent us from actively attending.

Mrs. Edwards will be missed by friends, family and people who admired her courage through all her bouts and battles. She will be remembered for all she has done for her people and her country.

With Respect and sorrow for the loss

Ron Faggart

NC State Captain,

Patriot Guard Riders, Inc.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 12-11-2010, 06:20 PM   #22
Mega-Contributor

Westboro "Church"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead

Our most humble and heartfelt sympathies and prayers go out to the friends and especially the family of Mrs. Elizabeth Edwards. She was a great person as well as a friend to education and children’s causes, both nationally and in North Carolina.

She was truly an inspiration to all and more so; a hero to the victims and survivors of this dreaded disease that finally took her away from us. We wish Godspeed to her and her family as they go through this very trying time. We will also honor the family’s wishes for a private burial after the public service on Saturday. We wish not to add to their burden by escalating any unpleasantness during this time.

In that light,,, We understand the sorrow the Edwards family is experiencing and offer our condolences in their loss and hopes that no protesters will attempt to twist their pain for some media exposure. The best way to prevent these folks from attending funerals is to deny them media coverage and attention. That is the only reason they would be there.

There are several reasons that we cannot be there and regretfully they must be adhered to.

1) Mission statement: The Patriot Guard Riders are not a counter protest group. We have a very specific mission statement that focuses on our Fallen Heroes that have served our country and citizens. As much as we would wish that no family would suffer the attentions of these protests, what we do has little to do with protesters.

2) Family request, We only go at family request for our uniformed service members who place their lives on the line for our citizens.

3) VIPs and Secret Service: After the VA mine memorial and several other recent tragedies, I think it's clear that they would probably prevent us from actively attending.

Mrs. Edwards will be missed by friends, family and people who admired her courage through all her bouts and battles. She will be remembered for all she has done for her people and her country.

Ron Faggart

NC State Captain,

That's an unfortunate last name...I bet he got teased a lot growing up.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 12-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #23

Westboro "Church"

I hadn't noticed that. I think you're right CJ.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 12-11-2010, 08:45 PM   #24
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Westboro "Church"

Greg it was just an appellate court ruling

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 12-12-2010, 01:59 AM   #25

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Westboro "Church"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
Quote:

Ron Faggart

NC State Captain,

I haven't had the pleasure to meet Mr Faggart, but I know a guy named Bryan Fagg and I got the very distinct impression not to be caught doing this > < nowhere around him! He's a prison guard with missing teeth and scars on his face and he looks like one of the guys on the pay per view full contact fight shows.

His voluptuous, drop dead gorgeous wife introduced me to him at a company picnic, and the thoughts of my past gratuitous flirtations to her raced through my mind all at once.

I don't do that no mo. He strikes me as somebody that gets upset EASILY!

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 12-12-2010, 12:29 PM   #26
Sr. Contributor

Westboro "Church"

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack

I haven't had the pleasure to meet Mr Faggart, but I know a guy named Bryan Fagg and I got the very distinct impression not to be caught doing this > < nowhere around him! He's a prison guard with missing teeth and scars on his face and he looks like one of the guys on the pay per view full contact fight shows.

His voluptuous, drop dead gorgeous wife introduced me to him at a company picnic, and the thoughts of my past gratuitous flirtations to her raced through my mind all at once.

I don't do that no mo. He strikes me as somebody that gets upset EASILY!
Next time you see him, tell him, it would be OK to change his last name.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:32 PM   #27
Top Contributor

Westboro "Church"

Richard Head needs to change his name also. He definitely doesn't like the nickname Dick.

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Old 12-12-2010, 02:17 PM   #28
Sr. Contributor

Westboro "Church"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket
Richard Head needs to change his name also. He definitely doesn't like the nickname Dick.

Old 12-12-2010, 02:51 PM   #29

Westboro "Church"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowndodge "Darksider"
Greg it was just an appellate court ruling
Thanks. Thought some court reviewed it.

I watched the news and a large crowd of local people lined the streets around the church and on parts of the procession route which kept the "idiots" at bay. Apparently only around five showed to protest; and they couldn't get near the place according to the report I saw.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 12-12-2010, 05:52 PM   #30

Westboro "Church"

[quote These misanthropes call themselves Christians? I hope they all burn in hell. Twice.[/quote]

Roger taht!