Originally Posted by HwyRider View Post
Gotta change the date I was to fast.
Thanks
VBA #02996

2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-28-2014, 09:37 AM   #62
Advanced Member

Nice ride everybody, nice to meet everyone.
Here are some pics I took that day, to which I've added the ones Neil just shared. I know Bonnie has some good ones of Neil riding on the highway which I will add when I get them from her. There's a good little clip of the Ridley revving, but not too much as it wants to take off when you do that because of the automatic transmission. It must have a neutral no?

Anyway, nice day, but terrible traffic both getting off the Cape then back on. I mean it really sucked bigtime. Sorry we were late, we meant to be early but got jammed at every turn, ultimately realizing there's no good or secret way off that Cape this time of year. We did find one little gem called Bournedale Road that saved up maybe an hour (or we would have been a LOT later) but even that wasn't till after we'd crossed the Sagamore Bridge and been in the soup over an hour already.

When Neil says we didn't hit traffic or rain on the way back he's half right, it didn't pour, but we took about 40 minutes to go that last mile before the Bourne Bridge, my arms were completely wiped out by the time I got home. Traffic was so bad it was quicker for Neil to cross over to the Cape with us then re-cross back over the Sagamore Bridge to catch Rt3 for Quincy. I guess Neil fared better than we did from when we parted company because we continued to hit snarls of stop-n-go backups all the way to Exit 11 - and enough sprinkles to keep anxiety high wondering when the sky would open up and clobber us good. All in all it was a beating of a ride. But I'm glad I did it. :)

Old 07-28-2014, 10:24 AM   #63
Advanced Member

That's why Laura and her beast rides in the back. Great video's Joe. Nice meet you guys also. We did not hit any rain coming home in fact we ended taking the bike out later that evening for mexican food. Hopefully we can meet again after the cape season is over.
VBA #02482

VROC # 36172

Old 07-28-2014, 04:26 PM   #64

Evan took the pictures not me.

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium