Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthWest Group

Old 06-17-2010, 07:28 AM   #1
Advanced Member

WHY? WHY? WHY????

Rain, rain, and more rain.

Stopped raining long enough on the week-end for us to get a total of 531 miles on the Nomads, and then the rain come in on Monday. Started to rain quite heavy on Monday night, drizzled all day Tuesday, and came in heavy again Tuesday night. Has been raining quite heavy, and steady since Tuesday night and it's now become a potential flood problem for our house.

We live in a sh*tty hole of a town, with a town council, administration, and crew that knows nothing about drainage and won't take advice from someone who does (Brian has been in the irrigation business for 32 years) so we have been flooded 9 times in 31 years. We don't have a basement, thank God, but we have seen the water coming up over the top of the barrow pit overnight and come into the yard. The house is situated fifty feet from the barrow pit, is 3 feet off the ground, and we have had water right up to the bottom of the floor. And it's almost to the top of the barrow pit this morning. One more day of this and we are going to have a problem.

The Farmers Almanac is forecasting one of the hottest, driest summers on record for Southern Alberta. Don't when that is happening but bring it on, NOW.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-17-2010, 02:30 PM   #2

WHY? WHY? WHY????

My sympathies on your weather. We are stills stuck in Junuary here in Western Washington, too. Getting tired of getting wet. Bring on Global Warming!

Old 06-17-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
Advanced Member

WHY? WHY? WHY????

ditto fake biker its wet on the eastside of wa also ,rains 3 or 4 times a week. COME ON SUMMER!!!. Sorry to hear of your water problems cc I used to live by a creek and know the frustration of the water rising there is little you can do but wait and pray I hope it all works out for the best

Old 06-18-2010, 09:21 AM   #4
VBA Founder

WHY? WHY? WHY????

My sympathies CycleCat and for others currently in the rain.

For the last two years, Texas was stuck in the rain all the time. I even thought about giving up riding because I never got to. Now, this year, we are in a drought. Sunshine and high temps everyday.

Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 06-18-2010, 06:26 PM   #5
Advanced Member

WHY? WHY? WHY????

The rainy springs and early summers seem to go in cycles. 5 years ago we rode from the middle of April to the end of October and had 2 week-ends that we did not get rained on. We'd leave home and it would be dry and by the middle of the day we would get into the rain no matter where we went. Sometimes it gets to the point in years like that when you wonder if your nuts to be riding at all but then you get a nice day and remember why you ride.

And besides, this time next week, we will be in southern Utah with lots of sunshine and no rain, and nothing to do but ride.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-19-2010, 03:42 PM   #6
Advanced Member

WHY? WHY? WHY????

Have a great trip and enjoy the sunshine!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 07:18 AM   #7
Advanced Member

WHY? WHY? WHY????

Thanks Randy. Only 4 more sleeps and we're off to the land of sunshine and warmth; or maybe only 3 if we decide to pull out early and get started on Wednesday night.

We actually got out for a ride yesterday and it was great.

BTW how is the TFI working?