Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-07-2009, 02:32 PM   #1

Ultimate Baffle is growing on me

I am getting use to the Ultimate Baffle and I am liking it more every ride.

Had the bafflectomy for 10k. Then bought the Vance and Hines when we had all the talk about the Ultimate Baffle. I was surprised how much louder the V&H exhaust was over the simple bafflectomy.

Then the Ultimate Baffle arrived. First thought was boy this is fine quality work. Second thought was this thing is way too loud and is going to get me a headache and trouble with the law.

After riding about a week or so I have a couple of observations. Loud pipes do save lives. My exhaust is now louder than the tires on the vehicles around me. They may not see me but they can probably hear me.

The Nomad sounds like other big bikes with straight pipes. I stopped for gas and a Big Dog pulled in next to me. He was making plenty of racket rapping the throttle as he pull in. When he shut his bike off, I started mine. The Nomad sounded like the big dog. Close your eyes and it would be hard to tell. (Except at a dead idle, where I still think the Nomad sounds less throaty and more tinny)

I have noticed more cagers want to ride beside me on the freeway. I think they like the rumble or they are trying to figure out what bike I am riding. I speed up and let them really hear em.

My wife has noticed these same things and is starting to like the baffles too. We will wear the ear plugs on loud trips or swap baffles . I dont know what to do about our dog. Guess my vet will have to let me know if I am hurting her ears when she rides with us.

Anyway I think the Ultimate baffles are worth having around. Quality made and a loud bark when you want one. You can play and enjoy the same loud sound produced by Harleys, Big Dogs, and S&S motors.

So far, no headaches and the cops don't seem to mind.

Thanks to Jasperboy, and others on this forum, for their effort in this project and for letting the Nomad have another option in the exhaust sound.

Any other reviews out there??? I know at least 10 sets of Ultimate Baffles were sold.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-07-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
Top Contributor

Hey Bill: I agree pretty much with your observations. the UB are way louder so I think I will be using ear plugs everytime. I also have gotten more head turns and noticed in 1 week than my 3 yrs previous. if I want to switch back to stock baffles for a ride, can do it in 10 minutes. No noise laws here so no problems for now. I do like them alot! as far as your dog's hearing, my prersonal vet experience would say, it will affect his hearing negatively over time. thats why Im wearing plugs :-)

Dennis

Old 09-07-2009, 05:21 PM   #3

Wife joined me for 200+ mile 6 hour ride yesterday, and she said they weren't too loud for her. I did try and keep from lugging too much, and watched my shifts, but overall she said they are fine. The part I like best is the roar during decelleration. No pops, just roar. I still owe someone a pair, but have yet to hear anyting. Jeff
VBA #931R
VROC #16379R

Old 09-08-2009, 10:04 AM   #4

My girlfriend says they are loud but she doesn't complain to much.If I like them she likes them ,just not on her bike.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:15 PM   #5

I just installed mine today. Very well made, fit like a glove too. They are louder at idle and when crawling around town than the V&H originals, but they quiet down nicely when at highway speeds, guess I'm keeping ahead of the rumble!
Thanks again Jasperboy.
Gary

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #6

I've had mine on for awhile and the wife and I like them alot! We went by a Kawasaki dealership in another town and there was about 6 to 8 people standing outside. wife said they all turned their heads as we rode by and some even pointed at us! Yes we do get a lot of head turning, Thanks again Jasperboy for all your work, Paul.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #7

Can't agree more with what's been said. These are a quality made product, and provide the desired sound.

At first, I thought they were too loud also, but now that I've ridden on them for a week or so, I'm digging them more every day.

The UBs make the Nomad sound like it should have with the Vance & Hines pipes, but much better than their stock baffles, and now we have options.

Really, it now has the sound we all thought we had when rolling down the road.....kind of like the fantasy sound we all imagined when we stuck playing cards in our bicycle wheels, and slowly weaved up and down the street for effect......Remember that?

Great job Jeff, really appreciate it.