Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-05-2007, 09:14 PM   #1

Small Tips and Tricks

Have you ever looked at the left side of the NOMAD and see that ugly motor mount nut, blackened back at you?

If you have installed Kuryakyn grips, and asked for the old grips back, take that nice shiny end piece, place it over the nut, and tap it with a rubber or nylon malet. It makes it look so much nicer. (More chrome, more chrome, more chrome!)

Of course, you could always buy a cover-up from Kawasaki for $29.95.

Semper Fi!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-05-2007, 09:17 PM   #2

Small Tips and Tricks

For you veterans (and non-veterans who are inclined)

Get a POW/MIA patch. Spray the front side of the patch with Scotch Guard, twice, once every 12-24 hours (let it dry between coats) Buy some 3m automotive trim mounting tape at your local automotive store. Cut strips to fit around the back border of the patch and some strips (I used an X pattern) in the middle of the patch. Pull the backing off the tape and center it on the rear fender below the tail light. (I have the red and yellow one on my NAD.)

Semper Fi!

Old 07-05-2007, 09:21 PM   #3

Small Tips and Tricks

Do you have a favorite 5" medal, door knocker, or whatever? I do. It's the Eagle, Globe and Anchor made of brass. (Have to keep shining it though) I drilled a hole in the middle, got an 8mm hex bolt from my favorite Nuts and Bolts shop (Stainless steel) 1½" long. Took of the right air cover, placed the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor, and bolted it back on. I used a piece of 1/4" pvc as a spacer between the globe and cover to keep the bolt from acting as a wheel puller. You do not have to have much pressure to hold that cover on. If you tighten it to tight you can pull the anchor out and then you have to glue it back in or find another interior anchor.

Semper Fi!

Old 07-05-2007, 09:24 PM   #4

Small Tips and Tricks

HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE.

It's summer and you need to keep hydrated. The only "cup holder" that I found that would not interfer with the cowling when mounted to the handle bar was the one sold at www.barefootwillies.com

Semper Fi!

and goodnight

Old 07-07-2007, 08:09 AM   #5
VBA Founder

Small Tips and Tricks

Thanks for the tips, Waynem....I've included them on the Tips page on www.kawanow.org

Trip
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Login or Register to Remove Ads