Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #1
Mega-Contributor

MRCA?

Anybody here belong to the "Motorcycle Riders Club of America"?

If so, is this like the "Handyman Club of America" or the "North American Fishing Club", where the primary purpose of the organization is to sell you books and other crap, or is this a legitimate rider's organization with a primary focus on riding and not merchandising? I think I used to belong to both of the latter groups at one time or another and never received so much junk mail and other garbage in my life. I think I'm still getting stuff from these clubs in the mail.

...it sure looks like the same outfit to me.

Thanks!
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-04-2007, 03:44 PM   #2

MRCA?

Quote:

If so, is this like the "Handyman Club of America" or the "North American Fishing Club", where the primary purpose of the organization is to sell you books and other crap, or is this a legitimate rider's organization with a primary focus on riding and not merchandising? I think I used to belong to both of the latter groups at one time or another and never received so much junk mail and other garbage in my life. I think I'm still getting stuff from these clubs in the mail.

Thanks!
This is just a magazine.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:03 PM   #3

MRCA?

Just my opinion but, If you ride a motorcycle you should belong to the American Motorcyclist association. Like i said, just my opinion.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 10-04-2007, 10:33 PM   #4
Mega-Contributor

MRCA?

Quote:

Thanks!
It looks like I may have been right. One of my friends snooped around the website and found this:

"North American Membership Group Terms of Service
Last Updated on February 1, 2006

1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
This Website is provided by North American Membership Group ("NAMG"), subject to the following Terms of Service ("TOS"), which may be updated by us from time to time. NAMG reserves the right to alter these TOS without advance notice by posting revised TOS. You can determine if the TOS has been revised by referring to the "Last Updated" date at the top of this page. These TOS apply to the following sites: www.huntingclub.com, www.fishingclub.com, www.handymanclub.com, www.gardeningclub.com, www.partnersclubonline.com, www.cookingclub.com, www.healthandwellnessclub.com, www.creativehomeartsclub.com, visitors.thehistorychannelclub.com, www.streetmachineclub.com, www.clubrapala.com, and www.namginc.com, (Hereinafter referred to collectively as The Websites). In addition, when using particular services provided by NAMG, you shall be subject to any additional posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the TOS."

Not anything I'd care to join...again.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 10-05-2007, 06:08 AM   #5

Send a message via MSN to scion0
MRCA?

Thanks for the research! I am still fighting with the Handyman club folks about sending me anything other than the mag.

Mike
"Scion0"
VBA#: 0097
Former VBA North Central Asst Regional Leader
St Jude Rides Peoria to Memphis Rider
Retired MSgt, USAF (1979 -99)
"Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff!"
Current ride: 2012 H-D Ultra FLHTCU (Black)
Past ride: 2007 Black Nomad

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-05-2007, 08:59 AM   #6
Top Contributor

MRCA?

I was just looking at the handyman club and healthandwellness. I didn't get into membership, but do they all charge just to get their services?
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 10-05-2007, 10:53 AM   #7
Mega-Contributor

MRCA?

Quote:
I was just looking at the handyman club and healthandwellness. I didn't get into membership, but do they all charge just to get their services?
I looked at a couple of them and they all offer a 30-day free membership, after that you pay.

The whole "National Membership Group" and all the affiliated clubs is nothing more than a data mining operation.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060