Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-01-2007, 07:36 PM   #16

Sunday's NC Ride

I never knew that Mt. Airy was the original "Mayberry" until I visited it. It would be neat to set up a visit as a group when they are planning a special event. I think it would also be a great area for a future eastern rally too.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-01-2007, 09:57 PM   #17

Sunday's NC Ride

Hey Todd,
Do you have suggestions for rides besides the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, & BRP? I'll be in Maggie Valley Wednesday afternoon. Will you be around any from then to Sunday? I'll be out riding with 3 guys. Would love to meet you and the wife if you're going to be around. I think we will check out the Fontana Dam Rally one of the days we're up. Drop me a line if you're gonna be around.

lifizgud@roadrunner.com

Old 10-02-2007, 08:28 AM   #18
Top Contributor

Sunday's NC Ride

beautiful pics Todd appreciate you sharing. BTW what flag mount do you run? Where would one get it?? thx.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:53 AM   #19
Top Contributor

Sunday's NC Ride

Quote:
Hey Todd,
Do you have suggestions for rides besides the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, & BRP? I'll be in Maggie Valley Wednesday afternoon. Will you be around any from then to Sunday? I'll be out riding with 3 guys. Would love to meet you and the wife if you're going to be around. I think we will check out the Fontana Dam Rally one of the days we're up. Drop me a line if you're gonna be around.

lifizgud@roadrunner.com

Yeah kawgirl.....Probably my favorite road in that part of the country is HWY64 between Franklin and Brevard....a good ride for it is to take 28South down from the "beginning of the dragon" there on 129 and cross 19.....28 down to 64 is beautiful by the lake..nice and curvy too...then hit 64 towards Brevard.....it twists and turns all the way and there are many spots to stop and see some awesome waterfalls. I dont know how large they will be running with the drought but they will be running. You will go through Highlands which is a very cool little town to stop and walk around....Cashiers is another neat little town. You can either take 215(more fun) or 276 back up to 74/19 or back to the BRP which will bring you right back to Maggie Valley.

Dont miss going through Cherokee and taking the Smoky Mtn Parkway over to the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area....(Gatlinburg is a VERY touristy town...Pigeon Forge is kinda weird. After riding in the beautiful mountains.....you suddenly are thrown out into this flat, fast food laddened , bustling tourist area....... I turn around and go back to the mountains as fast as I can

You are probably going to do this route anyway...but take 19/74 all the way down to 129 from the Maggie Valley area and you will go by the Nantahala River Outdoor Center ... The road travels along the River and you can stop and watch folks raft/kayak/canoe through the biggest rapid on the river (Upper Wesser).

If you get a chance to go north far enough on the parkway...about 1hr north of Asheville....make sure to go up Mt. Mitchell (wear your coat..Its cold up there in July and August!!!)

OK those are few recommendations...you can't hardly go wrong...pull out the map and pick a road and take off....I would have to say these I mentioned are my "Must Do's"

I have thought about riding up that way this weekend....maybe Sunday..if I do, I will give you a call.......HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE..LOTS OF RETIRED FOLKS UP THERE THAT DONT NECESSARILY SEE MOTORCYCLES VERY WELL.

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 10-02-2007, 10:05 AM   #20
Top Contributor

Sunday's NC Ride

Quote:
beautiful pics Todd appreciate you sharing. BTW what flag mount do you run? Where would one get it?? thx.
I got the idea to buy that mount from Wolfman!!! He had pics of it on another thread I started about flag mounts.

Its a H-D mount for trunks...its plastic and it designed to slide down under the lip of a trunk. Wolf's idea was to remove the top reflector on the license mount and this just slides and clips right down on it. You can pick it up at your local HD store for $29.99 WITH the flag (whodda thunk it).

Oh, and if you are inclined...a litte paint thinner on a cloth will take orange painted advertising off it in about 30 seconds.

Here's Wolfman's post........

Quote:
One of my friends gave me a nice quality flag. It says Harley Davidson on it so its probably
expensive. Its not too big and it swivels so it doesn't get tangled up. If I take
the top red reflecter off the licence plate bracket it snaps on perfectly.
I'll post some pics. I don't always fly it but on July 4th and memorial day and such its nice.

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-03-2007, 01:36 PM   #21
Top Contributor

Sunday's NC Ride

Thx Senor Todd.